Friday, 11 May 2012

#58 Human Fundamentalism

I was kindly invited to the launch of Illamasqua's latest collection, Human Fundamentalism, earlier this year at their Leeds store. I think this collection is my favourite one yet - the imagery is all so striking and wonderful, I thought after seeing the Theatre of the Nameless collection it would be hard to beat but they have definitely managed it in my opinion! 

Human Fundamentalism is an explosion of your alter ego. It's becoming who you are and not who you're told to be. Beauty isn't conformity, but the fundamental human desire to express your inner self on the outside.


I would strongly urge you to head over to their website to have a look at the rest of the imagery for this collection, I have included the one above as it stood out to me at the event and I thought it was gorgeous. I actually had this as my desktop background for a good month or so! 


The collection originally comprised of six eyeshadows, two lipsticks, two nail varnishes, two palettes, and Skin Base foundation and Precision Ink in brand new shades, but I do believe there has now been more added to this since the launch. 


Skin Base is available for a limited time only in the shade 'Au' - the chemical symbol for gold. Mixed in with the usual goodness Skin Base brings are tiny flecks of metallic shimmer, giving a golden glow. I used a teeny tiny bit of this and was totally covered in gold shimmer - if the full on golden glow isn't for you, this can be mixed in with your usual foundation to give a subtle highlight which I think would look fab!


L - R: Pivot (yellow green), Vernau (yellow ochre), Obsidian (just seen at the back! - rich black), Burst (blue green), Sex (pure white) and Cancan (bright lilac). Vernau does not look orange IRl - refer to the picture before this for a more true colour of that one! I was lucky enough to walk away with two of these shadows - Obsidian and Burst - and have had fun creating looks with them - A smoky eye is something I am always trying to create and Obsidian certainly helps me along the way! These eyeshadows retail at £15.50.


The two stand out lipsticks: Apocalips, and Box. I actually love the Apocalips (teal) lipstick a lot more than I would have expected to. This picture is just amazing.




The two palettes: Fundamental, and Neutral.

My favourite part of the entire collection is most definetely the nail varnishs. Nomad, and Stance. The colours are gorgeous and so summery, so bright. A lovely lady at the event painted my nails for me using both colours and also used the Presicion Ink as a nail art tool, which I loved and thought worked brilliantly - I just don't want to pay £17 for an eyeliner I would only use every so often on my nails. I was lucky enough to come away from the event with Stance and have used this a number of times - I'm 90% sure I will be picking up Nomad in the very near future, especially when I look back at these photos! 


Have you picked anything up from the collection? 

xxx

1 comment:

  1. I miss your face lover and I still want that Neutral Palette xxxx

    ReplyDelete