Thursday, 12 April 2012

#53 I Love...










A few months ago I was very kindly sent a bottle of I Love...Cosmetics new Juiced Up Blackcurrant flavoured bubble bath and shower crème. 

I have to be honest and say that I don't think I had really heard of I Love...Cosmetics before being sent this but I don't really tend to frequent the toiletries section of Superdrug much so perhaps that is why! The packaging certainly would have caught my eye if I did, as it is very reminiscent of Philosophy products, but at a fraction of the price. 


Their typical range of different flavours consists of body butters, shower smoothies, bubble baths, lip balms and hand and body lotions - and everything looks equally as delicious! 

Juiced Up Blackcurrant was a limited edition product released in January/February and I'm not too sure you will still be able to get your mitts on it - but if you do happen to come across this product, would I recommend it? I think a lot of shower/bath products smell a bit fake and artificial once opened/used and I hate wasting money to find the smell may be nice in the bottle but not so nice in the tub, or doesn't last very long - I like to be able to still smell my bubble bath once I've finished up in the bathroom! This truly smells like someone has just squished a load of blackcurrants, or opened up a Ribena factory under your nose, and it is heavenly! The only thing I will say is that I found I had to use a lot of product to get a nice foamy bath but to be honest I tend to mainly use Lush Bubble Bars as opposed to bottles of bubble bath so I can't really say that this is any worse or better than a different branded bottle. 

Aside from the gorgeous smell and packaging, the number one big plus about this brand is the price. 

For a 500ml bottle of Bath & Shower Crème, or a 200ml tube of Shower Smoothie, Shower Gel or Body Butter, this will set you back a measly £2.50. In comparison, a bottle of Philosophy Bath & Shower Creme would cost you £14 - and that's for 20ml less than this. I know they are completely different brands at different ends of the scale but for £2.50 these are a fantastic little pick me up - I would love a selection of different flavours to take my pick from at the end of a hard days work! 

For more information on I Love...Cosmetics, their website can be found here, Facebook page here and Twitter page here

Have you tried I Love... products before? Are you a fan? 

xx

8 comments:

  1. I loved this I haven't managed to track any more down tho :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems to have rave reviews though so perhaps they may make it permanent :) If I ever come across any I'll pick one up for you :) xx

      Delete
  2. Oh I've never seen those before, I didn't know they were in superdrug, they look gorge. I'll have to keep an eye out for them!

    dp
    x

    www.inanityandthegirl.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm going to pop down tomorrow to have a look what others they have in my local store! xx

      Delete
  3. Oooo I want to try the vanilla one, definately going to go have a sniff... that sounds wrong doesn't it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got the coconut set for Christmas from my lovely little sis, and it was so gorgeous - one of those shower gels and body butters that smell so good you are actually a little tempted to eat them - I resisted the urge by the way :)

    Gems x

    Fashion, Well Done

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your blog... and all the photos!

    Tx

    http://awhimsyheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Mango and Papaya has been my favourite for a while now! Thanks for the review! :)

    ReplyDelete