Thursday, 1 March 2012

#44 Rabbit, Rabbit, Rabbit

"Why, " the man in the brown hat laughed at him, "I thought everybody knew 'Rabbit, rabbit, rabbit.' If you say 'Rabbit, rabbit, rabbit' - three times, just like that - first thing in the morning on the first of the month, even before you say your prayers, you'll get a present before the end of the month."

How can it possibly be the first of March already! This year is flying by so fast it's hard to believe! It's been a mixed bag today, highlights included: Reading plenty of my new book, Twenties Girl, by Sophie Kinsella, and enjoying it, enjoying mini Easter eggs and cooking with my friend Lauren, watching CSI:NY (always a highlight) and perusing travel brochures. 

I think any downsides are very insignificant today, after reading that PC David Rathband committed suicide this morning when I woke up I felt so incredibly sad for him and his family. His life was ruined in so many aspects when he was shot, and it goes without saying that I strongly feel if the man who shot him was still alive now he should be charged with his murder. You know I still get so angry inside when I remember that all happening and all those absolute morons calling him a 'hero' - what kind of society do we live in when people cheer on that, call some horrible man shooting people a hero? And don't even get me started on when it was his funeral and that imbecile woman turned up at his funeral with her kids, was actually lost for words when I saw that. 

Am looking forward to catching up on a lot of blog posts this weekend as well as doing a few of my own! 

and, because I am not a fan of posts without pictures, heres one of my favourites on my computer, I may have posted it before, I can't remember: every few weeks, or months, when I start to wonder what I'm exactly doing with my life, what I'm exactly saving for and what I actually want to do, I start wanting to travel, and I love this picture, it makes me want to get myself in gear. I really need to make plans instead of losing my thoughts in the mundane tasks of every day life ...



xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Twenties Girl is fantastic isn't it? One of my favourite Sophie Kinsella books. I laughed my head off in places but there's also some sad bits. I wish they'd make it into a film, I think it'd translate really well on screen.

    I'm with you on the sad news about PC David Rathband, such a tragedy.

    I need to get myself in gear too. Maybe 2012 is the year we both do it! Hope you're well Carla x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read Twenties Girl its probably my favourite book ever. It made me laugh and cry so much.

    I agree re PC Rathband such an inspiration and feel so sorry for his family.

    xx

    ReplyDelete