Monday, 6 February 2012

#37 Cheese, Bacon and Leek Pasta

This is just going to be a really quick 'recipe' post so to speak, and I say so to speak because I know a lot of people don't like the main part of this meal, it's very easy and quick to make at the end of the day and I'm one of the people who does like it so I find it quite tasty.

What you will need


Yep, a packet of Pasta n Sauce (I use the Mild Cheese and Broccoli). Not particularly good for you but still encouraged on the Slimming World diet, I used to live off these packets when I was dieting. I haven't really touched them for the past few years until I had this meal so they've made a teeny tiny come back in my life. 


Bacon - I usually use two slices to each person having the meal, as I only use the bit shown in the picture, I just get rid of the rest of the strip. Leeks, I really like leeks so just use as many as you like really, I use about 3 in the whole dish depending on the size of them. 

And finally some grated mozzarella cheese. 

Cook your pasta in one pan, and in a separate frying pan after around ten minutes cut your bacon into small pieces and chop your leek and fry them - I dry fried them so didn't have to count any calories for oil etc. 


Once your pasta is ready, add the contents of the frying pan into the pasta and stir until it's well mixed in. 


Transfer this into a baking dish, I just used a glass pyrex dish, and add your cheese evenly on the top.


Pop this into the grill and just keep an eye on it, taking it out when the cheese has gone crispy.


And that's it, finished!

Serving size wise, I usually have this between two people but I suppose it depends what you are having with it - if you're going to have a big salad then it would probably stretch to three, or maybe you could add some garlic bread...


Between two people, the packet of pasta is 227 calories each. One leek is 38, one rasher of bacon is 128. I think as a main meal it should come under 500 calories - just be careful how much cheese you use - which is what I usually try and aim to have for my tea.

When I've had this I usually end up with leftover leek and a packet of bacon open in the fridge, so I try to eat something I can use these up with - my current favourite is a jacket potatoe and salad ...


So I hope you liked this recipe, as I said I know the packets of pasta aren't favourites with everyone, you could just substitute this with normal pasta but I don't know what sauce you would add with this - I'm not really big on pasta sauces to be honest. It would probably be nice without any kind of sauce actually, the bacon and leek cooking together tastes so nice together! 

Would this be something you would try? 

xxx

3 comments:

  1. I love those packets, and the Bacon Leek and Cheese one is definitely my favourite. Never thought of sticking cheese on top too though. Ellie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to love those packets! (pre having to go gluten free!) This looks delicious xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG this looks amazing! Defs going to have to attempt to make this myself :)
    x
    awomanlikeme-sim.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete