Friday, 3 February 2012

#34 January run down part two

Along with the post I want to do at the start of each week with how I've been spending my money, I want to do a post with what I've been reading, watching, listening to and generally been obsessed with over the course of the month!


I'm on a mission to finish up reading all the books I have bought and never got round to reading - I've added a little 'library' page up at the top where I'm keeping track - and I successfully crossed seven off the list this month. From all of the above, I'd have to say my favourite was Pictures of Lily, which I started reading one Sunday and finished that same night. Closely followed by The Brightest Star in the Sky. If you've never read any of Paige Toon's books, or Marian Keyes - especially the books revolving around the Walsh family - I really recommend them. I found America Unchained a bit of a struggle, not really a struggle I guess, but because it wasn't my usual genre of book it was just different I suppose. I've been putting off reading The Observations for ages but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. And I don't think after this I'm going to read any more Linwood Barclay books, for some reason I pick them up all the time and I don't know why because I really don't like his writing style. 


Music wise this month I bought three albums at the start of the year. I've been really getting into The Specials again lately and I have always meant to pick up Nina Simone's greatest hits. Regina Spektor was a bit of a wild card because I'd only ever heard one song of hers; I'm still not sure she is for me really but time will tell!  

I picked up Aladdin before Christmas and got to watching it recently, I am loving my Disney at the moment and remembering all the films and songs and merchandise we had as children! I was sent the other four films from Love Film which I'm looking to cancel this next week to catch up on watching some of the DVDs I already own. Yes, I'm a bit of a Highlander geek. 


I could really only put one picture up here for the TV shows I've been watching - Spartacus. I am literally obsessed with it. Once I've watched a disc it plays on my mind until I can get hold of the next couple of episodes - I absolutely love it. I have one final episode left to watch and can't wait - although sometimes I'll be watching and then remember that Andy Whitfield (the guy playing Spartacus on the picture up there) actually died in September. It's so sad, he was only in his 30's. It makes me not want to see the new episodes that he won't be in. :( 

Spotting any of your favourite TV shows/films/books up there? I have to say that although I watched Sherlock I realised that I actually don't understand any of it. Does anyone else feel the same?! Or am I just being too thick and not concentrating! 

xxx

1 comment:

  1. I love Cecelia Ahern, I reviewed her latest book on my blog.

    I'm a new follower.

    I'd love it if you visited my blog and follow if you like it!

    Thanks

    Louise
    http://louises-little-corner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete