Tuesday, 3 January 2012

#03 Aussie Hair - You Can't Have Too Much of a Good Thing!

At the start of December I came home from work to find a massive box for my attention that had been delivered that day. It could only mean one thing - Aussie! I ripped it open to find a huge inflatable bottle of Aussie shampoo, along with two actual bottles containing shampoo and conditioner. 

 

When Aussie asked for feedback from the fans of the fantastic shampoos, they listened and took on board what you said you wanted. Bigger bottles? Aussie have increased the size of their bottles to a mega 500ml for shampoo and 400ml for conditioner! More gorgeous hair for your money! I can't remember the last time I used anything but Aussie, they not only make my hair smell lush they make it feel great too!

As if making their bottles bigger wasn't enough, they have also added to the formula a little bit. In Australia, Aussies use the sap of  Aloe Vera to rub on their skin and grow up to 200 varieties of the plant itself, so it's no surprise Aussie has joined the list of companies who use this in their products!

The Task

As you know, Aussie love to give their Angels challenges a couple of times a year, and the launch of the bigger bottles is no exception! What do they want us to do? Document just how many washes can be got from the 500ml bottles. What I've done is made a little note each time I have washed my hair, and snapped a quick pick. I'm going to be updating my progress every Tuesday until my bottle runs out with a small photo diary.


To date I have used this 10 times - my hair really does feel softer which must be the aloe vera extracts! All in all I think this is quite a good challenge and I'm looking forward to updating you each week!

Have you managed to pick up the bigger Aussie bottles yet? Personally I love that the shampoo is slightly bigger that the conditioner - I like to alternate my conditioner and 3MM every night anyway so this all falls together nicely - I hate having loads of different bottles on the go!!

xxx

9 comments:

  1. I haven't used any Aussie bits in ages but see them raved about so much that I probably should give them a go again! Fab idea for a post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHA Aussie send the most amazing stuff! :P I was just about to write what Emma said, I didn't like them too much on the first go, but I'm tempted to try them again :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Aussie products - I was so glad to see the new bigger bottles available :) lovely hair pictures - your hair really suits you tied up xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha I LOVE that massive inflatable bottle! I have never tried Aussie shampoo but swear by the 3mm light versions so maybe time I tried the whole range! Any favourites?

    Laura x
    http://firstclassramblings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want to try Aussie products so badly - but I can't get them where I live and I'm not sure where I can get them online! They seem amazing. Glad you're liking their shampoo. <3 :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow that is a HUGE bottle! I really only use Aussie's leave-in conditioner since I tend to have dandruff in the winter and I haven't seen any anti-dandruff stuff from Aussie but I might pick up their new shampoo soon! Hope you had a fab New Year's! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fab idea! I love Aussie, is there any other shampoo that makes your hair smell as lush?

    dp
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was sent some of this, i can't wait to start using it! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like so much what i see here.

    http://paquetevistasbien.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete