Tuesday, 8 November 2011

8 November 2011

Is it too early to start listening to Christmas songs yet?

One of my favourite episodes of Bones is in season 1 when they gang are quarantined in the lab over Christmas Eve. It features David Boreanaz in a vest for the most part so thats a big thumbs up, but it also totally makes me cry when their families begin to visit, and they can only speak to each other through the glass. 



Tori Amos version of Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas plays in the background and it is such an amazing version of the song. The song itself is my top favourite Christmas song anyway, sung by whoever, but this version is really haunting and I actually read she sang it after she'd lost her baby which is quite sad. Anyway I downloaded it after watching that episode again the other week and I'm a little ashamed to say I cannot stop listening to it. I know Christmas is 47 sleeps away according to my Christmas Countdown App..


But for me it seriously can't come quick enough! Well not Christmas day itself, I mean the whole time surrounding, I've said it many times before but for me once my birthday has been celebrated, and this usually works well because the weather is rubbish, I just start focusing on Autumn/Winter. I don't get how people can hate it! Sure it might be raining but look at all the Christmas lights around! The tree went up in Leeds City Centre last week and I believe the lights get switched on this Thursday. When I left work today at 4.30 it was so dark, I can't wait to be going home in the dark but lit up with festivity! I have even been known to walk the long way to the bus stop just to see more lights #loser

What are your views on this time of year? And when is it time to start listening to Christmas music?! 

xxx

4 comments:

  1. Oh I love Tori Amos version! I always start watching/listening to Christmas stuff early and I'm not afraid to admit I've put the Christmas CD's in the car :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha I love the fact you have a countdown to Christmas app. I am not much of a fan of Christmas, I think it's due to the fact I work work in retail. I work Christmas eve and Boxing day most years so it ruins the festive period for me. Constantly working all the time!
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this time of year, it is actually my fave especially Christmas! I love everything about it, the lights, the cheer and just all the festivity!

    I'm a saddo who likes to get into the spirit early and I too have been listening to xmas songs a tad too early :P

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree..I love this time of year. Even though it's freezing outside, the idea of christmas fairs, the lights, the mulled wine..etc..it's so magical!
    Liking the Boreanaz pic - I was obsessed with him in Buffy and Angel.
    xx

    ReplyDelete