Saturday, 3 September 2011

MAC Lipstick Collection!

Hi girls!

I have been very busy lately but thought I'd throw myself back into blogging this week with a lipstick post! I recently got a new set of the drawers from Ikea I mentioned here, I believe these are called 'Helmer' but please correct me if I am wrong!! I used to have them in grey and now own them in cream/white instead. So when I was moving my make up over I used the opportunity to snap photos of my collection of lip products and thought I would show you, starting with all the MAC lipsticks I currently own! 



Viva Glam Cyndi, Gaga, and Gaga II. Last year I was pretty much obsessed with Gaga and wore it constantly, and this is actually my third stick of it. This year I've barely touched it and it just doesn't seem to go with my face any more? I bought Cyndi on a whim before it stopped being sold and whilst I do like it, sometimes it seems a bit too dark for me. And then on completely the opposite hand, Gaga II is far too light for me. There is no way on this earth I could wear it alone - well without being laughed at. It looks ridiculous but I do actually wear it on pretty much a daily basis, as a kind of base coat for colours that are slightly too bright.  


Innocence Beware! and Toxic Tale were picked up from the Venomous Villains collection last year and Innocence Beware! is my go to nude. Toxic Tale is quite a bright orangey/red shade and not something I would actually go for usually but with a toned down face and eye this is one of my favourite bright shades in my collection. 

Something New is an amplified bright blue-pink lipstick. One of the reasons I pick this up so many times for nights out is the amplified finish - I do love matte lipsticks but with amplified you don't have to mess around making sure your lips are in perfect condition before application, and it just glides on perfectly! The finish is gorgeous and I'm glad I own this one. Ever Hip came out with the one of the latest collections and has been in my make up bag since the day I bought it. Although the swatch doesn't look that bright I do find sometimes it can be a bit too much and I pair this with Gaga II for a lighter peachier colour. Lastly is Pink Friday. This lipstick doesn't really suit me, but I keep it because I'm a bit obsessed with Nicki Minaj. It's OK if applied with a lighter hand but even then - I was desperate to get my hands on this shade, and with the amount of stuff I lose? This baby isn't even leaving the house. 


The last three lipsticks I have are Pink Plaid, Saint Germain and Pink Nouveau. Pink Plaid is a matte lipstick I probably would never have picked up if I hadn't of noticed Sinead selling it, and boy am I glad I did! If I'm ever struggling to pick a lipstick, or in a rush, this is the one I just grab because it goes with anything and suits me perfectly. I also picked up Saint Germain in a blogsale from Daisy but am thinking of selling this myself as it really doesn't suit me, lightly applied or heavily applied! It's just too light for my skin colouring and looks stupid. Once again with Pink Nouveau, when I bought this I wore it all the time, but this year I must have wore it once if that? It is a nice colour though and seeing these pictures have reminded me of when I wore it a lot more and I think I might bust this bad boy out tonight! 

So there you have it, all of the MAC lipsticks I currently own! Have you spotted any of your own faves in this pile? 

xxx

7 comments:

  1. Viva Glam Cindi looks lovely, I really wish I'd picked it up before it sold out :( I have Viva Glam Gaga I and I wasn't sure about it, but I find I can pull it off with a bit of a tan and some gloss slicked over the top. I couldn't decide whether to get Viva Glam Gaga II but I already own In The Fairie Glen which I adore so I think I'll stick with that as they seem to look similar. I bought Ever Hip recently but I don't love it as much as I thought I would which surprised me as everyone raved about it last year! I have Pink Plaid too and I really like it although it's probably one of my lesser worn lippies. I'll have to dig it out because you're right, it does go with everything! And it's such a lovely finish. Epic essay haha, sorry! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have VG Cyndi - I like the lipgloss better, but I keep it because I wonder if one day I'll pull the l/s off lol!

    Lovely collection, I'm jealous of Ever Hip and VG Gaga! I doubt the latter would look good on me but I always wanted to try it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've made me want Viva Cyndi and Pink Nouveau! You've got a lovely collection, I'm very jealous xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving Something New....is that from the permanent collection?

    T x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm very jealous of your lipstick collection!

    I haven't yet bought a MAC lipstick...I was hoping to get my first one with the Back to MAC scheme but that may take me a while :P

    Creme Cup is one of many on my wish list xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how detailed this post is. I've got 5 MAC l/s but strangely only one the same as you - Ever Hip. I love it but haven't actually been brave enough to wear it yet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the look of 'Something New' xx

    ReplyDelete