Sunday, 11 September 2011

Illamasqua: Theatre of the Nameless

Last week I was invited to the launch of Illamasqua's latest collection, Theatre of the Nameless. It was a fantastic event held in LVPO Bar in London.


I'm always a big fan of the collections and this one is definitely my favourite. The collection takes its inspiration from Anita Berber, a German dancer, actress, writer and prostitute in the 1920s. The room the event was held in a was very dark, deep red velvet tablecloths, flickering lights and the new collection out for us to have a play with. 


The collection has a few different changes too this time; shimmer blushers and nail varnishes with a different, rubber like finish. There is literally so much I want to pick up from this come payday! Heres some of the collection more in depth. 



Lipglosses in the colours (from left to right in the first photograph) Facade, Violate and Bella Donna. Whilst Violate isn't a colour I would wear (the green one), I was really interested in Facade and would definitely wear Bella Donna! I am a sucker for bright pink lip products. These retail at £13.

We spoke about these nail varnishes before the event and after I'd seen the pictures I thought I might like the pink/red one, and really can't say I thought much about the brown one. However, after seeing these in front of me I seriously want them all! The colours are all gorgeous and I can't help but think the green would be perfect for Autumn/Winter. From left to right, Taint, Kink, Vice and Faux Pas. These are £13.50 each and swatches can be found here


After venturing into the pigments recently I kinda fell in love with the one up there in the middle when I saw it - Berber. I would also never usually look twice at the one on the end, the black Zeitgeist, but after getting the two mixed up on the same brush I loved the look it gave! These cost £15.50. You can see a really rubbish swatch of Berber here that I took. 


We were also given a personalised bag with three products from the collection and I was definitely pleased with what I received! 



There are two new cream pigments released, Androgen, a peach, coral colour, and Depravity, a violet, purple. I was lucky enough to be given Androgen. I've put the promo picture up of Androgen as well as the pics I took as I think my photo has come out looking a lot more redder than it actually is!



I also received one of the shimmer blushes in Morale, a gorgeous deep plum/pink colour. I haven't tried this out yet but if they're anything as pigmented as the other Illamasqua blushers I'll definitely need a light hand applying this! 


Finally, I've raved about the Precision Ink liners currently available so was super excited to receive the latest one, Havoc. It's an aubergine colour, a deep purple that looks almost black. I have been using this every day since I got it! 


Apologies for the ratio of PR photos to my own, the lighting was very dark in the event. I did paint my nails each colour and perfectly kept my hand straight until I got outside into the light, where I promptly scuffed my nails getting my camera out!! 

Theatre of the Nameless is available now. Have you picked anything up from the collection yet? 

xx

5 comments:

  1. Great post. The lip glosses look amazing. Glad you had a good time at the event! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That blush is fantastic! Morale looks like an awesome Autumn colour

    So jealous...looks like a great event!

    T x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the look of those polishes. But a bit pricey on a cash strapped student budget! Ah well.
    ADORE the first picture though, 100% looks like a doll, scary!!
    Polly xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am so jel you got to go to this! All the products look lovely, especially the nail varnishes xx

    ReplyDelete