Saturday, 2 July 2011

Recent buys: June part 1

Back at the very beginning of June you may remember I took a trip to the Trafford Centre, ultimately for a little Xen Tan Event and for lots of shopping! I know its a way back but I never posted the pics of what I picked up, so thought I may as well include them in this post.



I haven't included a close up of the polish as its a classic Models Own glitter polish (<3) and I cannot for the life of me photograph it. The purse was around £17 I think - although if you are lucky I noticed they are selling the clutch bag version for £17 now in the sale! Wow although its literally a month and a day since I bought this it looks so dirty in comparrison now!! I can't keep anything clean I'm useless.

I also picked up from River Island the top I wore in my last post, a few people asked where it was from - heres your answer! It was £20 when I picked it up, then I saw it go down to £10 a week later but last time I saw it was back up at £20.


I have been in need of a new perfume for a while and I also had a £10 voucher to put towards it, so I picked up a perfume I have literally been wanting to buy for years. It's that perfume that whenever I step in a shop that has it I feel obliged to pick it up and spray all over me, and since buying this I have had SO many compliments on it - I have never had so many people comment on it before. This is definitely 'my' perfume and will be a staple for me for the future!!


I only picked up the 30ml but I love it even more because of how small the bottle is, perfect for my handbag and I'm pretty in love with the little stopper as well, I've had so much trouble in the past with perfume leaking here there and everywhere!


At the Xen Tan counter I had a consultation with the lovely Amy who ran through all the products with me telling me what they all did, and explained lots of tanning bits to me! She also sent me away with the Xen Tan Deep Bronze Luxe which I have almost run out of now. I've kept up to applying it since the day I was given it and have to say that I love it! I'm totally not a pro and have tell tale marks from time to time but its been brilliant for giving me colour and I will definitely repurchase this pretty soon! I also bought the body scrub to go with it and whilst I do love the smell the product itself annoys me a bit...I don't know if it is just me but the pump is so tight, you get the tinest bit ever out of the bottle and I've actually given up trying these days, I just unscrew the lid and slather it on that way! I understand the scrub is free from all the oils that most other exfoliating scrubs contain meaning your fake tan lasts longer and is less likely to look patchy but I don't think I will be spending another £15 on this. 

Have you picked up any good buys lately? I also picked up a couple of things from Illamasqua at the Trafford Centre but as I picked up some more in London I'll include them in all in one post! 

xxx

19 comments:

  1. loving the purse :)
    but anything that's cream or white is a complete nightmare to keep clean!! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I was debating whether to get that purse - maybe it was just my eyes, but they all looked wonky to me? haha

    great post

    www.cococerys.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I was debating whether to get that purse - maybe it was just my eyes, but they all looked wonky to me? haha

    great post

    www.cococerys.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the purse :)

    That top looks lovely on you!

    I had a sniff of that perfume in House of Fraser not so long ago and it's such a gorgeous scent...one of the many perfumes on my wish list! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm jealous! No Illamasqua or Xen Tans anywhere near me:(

    T x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just catching up and you e been busy, and your Love for Jason D still carries on.. ha!

    Love the Purse

    Joanne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, love that studded clutch--so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that cream dress/tunic x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your blog header! Sorry, just discoverd your blog & it's so good! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. i really wanna try out the xen tan x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for posting this. I've been looking at fake tans so I'll totally think about this Xen-Tan product!

    Polly ♥
    http://glitterandrevelations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Heeey :) your blog is awesome ;))) love it!!!
    follow you because your pictures are so pretty ♥

    www.luvafashion.blogspot.com

    http://lookbook.nu/salua

    GREETS from germany !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the top, and I've been after a similar polish for ages, looks lush! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the purse, I have it in pink! I realllly want to try Xen Tan but not sure if I can justify the price for a tan just yet!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous purse, my friend has it in black and I adore it. I really want to try Xen Tan x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I bought the turquoise bag in the sale for £12!! Its a great style isn't it hehe x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the Purse, you're looking fab xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's so annoying when you see something in the sale that you bought full price.
    I'm dying to try Xen Tan but just stocked up on loads of St Tropez when it was on offer in Boots.
    xx

    ReplyDelete