Monday, 25 April 2011

Hyped: Umberto Giannini Glam Hair Range

I'm sure everyone will have by now heard someone saying how brilliant they found a product from this range, read a blog post or tweet, even gone to pick up an item to find it out of stock every time (all of the above for me). The product that I probably heard the most about was Backcomb in a Bottle. To be honest I did hear some mixed reviews, some people saying it wasn't all that but I wanted to try it out for myself - if I could ever get hold of it! Every single time I looked for it all I found was empty shelves. Then one day it was there! Along with a three for two offer on all Umberto Giannini products - it would have been rude to just walk away with the one. 


The three items I picked up were Grunge Glamour Tousled Salt Spray, Ditch The Dirt Volume Shampoo and of course Backcomb in a Bottle. And I can 100% say I wish I had saved my money and spent it on something else!



It was my gorgeous friend Paula who introduced me to salt sprays and not having much hope that it would really do anything for my hair, so not wanting to spend a fortune on one, I picked up a Superdrug's own brand one that cost something like £1.99. And I love it - it's barely out of my handbag, I use it almost every other day, it makes my hair wavy, smell nice and all in all proves you don't have to spend a load, the own brands are just as good. I only picked up the Umberto Giannini one as it was either this or the dry shampoo they do. But this is everything I was worried a salt spray would be - it doesn't give me waves whatsoever, the only thing it does do it make my hair look like it hasn't been washed for a week. There are mixed reviews on Boots.com - and as one person says, a complete waste of money - one star for the packaging


This shampoo was a nightmare for me. I could not stand it! It didn't matter how much I applied, my hair felt like I was trying to wash it without even using anything. It wouldn't lather up, I had to use triple the amount of conditioner after using it and even that didn't help, it felt like it had stripped my hair of everything. I definitely got use out of my Aussie 3 Minute Miracle after this!! Again, mixed reviews on Boots but I couldn't agree more with this one: This shampoo completely dried my hair out and, even after conditioning for 5 mins I could barely get a comb through. 


And finally the whole point of me buying all three of these products. Again, this has basically NO effect on my hair. It takes ages to dry and leaves my hair very greasy! The instructions are rubbish as well - I honestly don't understand all the hype I read about this product that lead me lusting after it for so long! 

Have you tried any of these, what do you think? 

xxx

12 comments:

  1. I heard about these and like you, they've always been out of stock but I honestly dont think i'll bother now, thank you so much for the honest review as it makes a change from the usual "its good" review :-) x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh soooo disappointing when you try something you assume is going to be fab cause everyone is loving it - and it doesn't work for you! I really like Backcomb in a Bottle at first but now find it only works on freshly washed hair (which i don't normally need extra volume in as i use a volumising blow dry spray) - if hair is a day old or slightly greasy, i find it just goes crispy :( I won't be buying again.

    Haven't tried the other products you mentioned but i won't be rushing to buy.

    Volumising powder works well for me if you haven't tried one yet. Boots have the Got2Be one for £4 so it doesn't break the bank if it doesn't work out.

    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I picked up the Backcomb in a bottle last christmas, and I am seriously unimpressed. The only thing I use this for these days is a hairspray after I have backcombed with a brush, if I've ran out of Elnette. Thanks for the review, I was going to get the salt spray. What's the name of the own salt spray you got? Must pick it up xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got a set with hairspray and mousse in them and I haven't really used them, but now I'm scared to lol! Thanks for the honest review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Jen - Honestly, I wouldn't waste money on them! xx

    @ Jo - That is the thing I don't like about these - that you should use them on freshly washed hair, when my hair is freshly washed I don't need any volume! I bought some powder the other day LOVE it :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Hannah - I'll twit pic you the one I use in a min :) xx

    @ Yu - Haha you might be one of the people who love it! It's just not for my hair lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great review but they sound very disappointing. Why do they make products and claim they are amazing and they are rubbish! Its such a waste of money.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the great review - I had been debating on these but wasn't too keen on purchasing something that may make my hair greasy! Shall be giving these ones a miss me thinks! :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've only tried backcomb in a bottle..and I have to say, I don't hate it, but, I do agree it leaves your hair greasy. And, I think hairspray could do just as good a job, for less money and less of the sticky greasyness.xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Back comb in a bottle is crap..god knows what all the hype is about, leaves my hair very sticky yuck! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great blog and very nice post!

    <3
    www.kasiabelhadri.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wanted to try these but i'm not going to bother now, great, honest review :).

    Sadie xx

    ReplyDelete