Thursday, 3 March 2011

Toxic Nature

I was just sorting through my emails and found the press release for Illamasqua's latest collection, Toxic Nature. I thought the pictures were beautiful and the collection is looking equally as good!


Unpredictable, uncharted and unnat­ural, Illamasqua unleashes Toxic Nature for Spring/Summer 2011, a colour collection born from a visionary concept of nature fighting back against the genetically modified society that plunders it.Like nature itself, it’s not all sweetness and light. Shades of mint, mushroom, plum, orange and rose are distorted with rich textures and pops of acid-infused brightness that command attention and draw you in…

My eyes are being drawn to the first two nail varnishes and that fushia pink lipgloss! The collection consists of two lipsticks (Atomic and Flare, £15 each), two sheer lipglosses (Torture and Divine - Divine is the bright pink one, and from looking at the orange one I wouldn't pick it up but it is described as a 'coral peach' and that sounds like something I would want...I think I need to see this on a counter first! Both are £13). 

There are five nail polishes and I can't wait to see the pictures of them all - Purity (peach, and pictured above looks amazing), Bacterium (a pearlescent ash ochre), Radium (acidic lime shimmer), Stagnate (grey mauve) and Gamma (neon orange) and all are £13.50. I will definitely be picking some of these up - I love the nails on these two pictures. 



Illamasqua are also spoiling us with the release of a brand new product - cream pigments. They retail at £17 and are available in 6 colours. 

Along with the nail varnishes, the other thing I am getting excited about in the release of a new colour of Precision Ink. I was lucky enough to be sent this in the colour Abyss back last year with the release of another collection and absolutely love it. I don't think I would have originally picked it up as to say I can't really put eyeliner on my lids £17 is a bit high but now I have been using this I love it and will not hesitate to pick up the new release later this month! 

Have you got your eye on anything? The collection is released on 10 March (online only, 17 March at counters) BUT there is a competition for three lucky people to win their favourite three products before the release! All you have to do to be in with a chance of winning is register at Illamasqua online and add yourself to the waiting list for your favourite products! Good luck if you enter..I have just done my selection! 

xxx

1 comment:

  1. ahh im loving the first photo!! i've actually never purchased anything from Illamasqua...i'm thinking about making my first purchase now iv read this xxx

    ReplyDelete