Monday, 28 February 2011

Peacocky


I know Peacocky is old news now as it's been out ages and everyone (including me) is more excited about the Wonder Woman collection but I still took pictures and wanted to show you what I picked up. 


I originally started off with a very long list of shadows I wanted but in the end when it was put online I narrowed it down to just two - Sexpectations and Paparzz-she. 





I wanted Sexpectations as soon as I saw it because I love colours like that - it's like a deep reddy, rusty colour, similar to Cranberry which is a shadow I've wanted for ages but never got round to picking up. Wnen I saw swatches on Temptalia I wanted originally Odalisque and Paparazz-she looked gorgeous next to it. I decided against picking up Odalisque because it looked quite dupable from what I have in my collection already so I left it behind! I have to say when I got these I was a little disappointed with the colour payoff...sometimes I love Mac shadows and other times I don't think you can tell the difference in the quality and pay off from other cheaper brands. I do like them and I have used them but I was glad I hadn't picked up half the collection like I wanted to when I first saw it. 

BUT then I went to Manchester to see Russell Howard and no trip would have been complete without a trip to Selfridges and when I saw the rest of the collection and swatched a few things I couldn't resist picking up two more things. 






I am a total sucker for blue eyeshadows, I have loads and to be honest I rock blue eyes a hell of a lot! I know some people don't like them, some people hate them and sometimes (especially at the end of a night) it can look like you're 6 and have had a play in your Mummys make up bag but I love them. So Dandizette was mine at first swatch! I did want to pick up a lipcolour but thought better of it, then seeing them made me want just one, they are different to glosses and the one I settled on, So Vain, really reminds me of the Lip Tar colour I picked up at IMATS, can't remember what shade. But really, I kinda wish I'd saved my £15 or whatever it was. I've had these almost a month now and I had actually totally forgotten about it until I went to take pics yesterday. How bad is that? I've used it once. It is a nice colour though. 


Did you pick anything up from this collection? What did you think of it?

xxx

3 comments:

  1. Great blog post lovely!

    I resisted SO much on this collection! I liked the look of so many eyeshadows and lip products but decided to save my pennies and put them towards wonder woman!

    The lip colour is gorgeous! Think you should wear that more often mrs!

    love you xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi babes! I think I might have to start carrying it around with me so that I can wear it more! love you xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the names and the colors :)

    ReplyDelete