Sunday, 9 January 2011

Stylishly Yours



When MAC's new collection came out this week I had already managed to narrow down the list I wanted - I had been eagerly awaiting the arrival of it on the MAC website and wanted a hell of a lot! I managed to talk myself out of some pigments and a mascara, along with Cockney Lipstick which is actually part of the permanent line so I will treat myself to that later. Although I don't actually think I would wear it that much, which is a bit annoying, because I want it so bad! Here's what I did pick up:


It's a rubbish picture, I couldn't get the camera to focus. 




To be honest, I don't know why I felt I needed a purple lipstick enough to spend £13.50 on one - I've never had or tried one before, but when I saw this I really wanted it. I do like it but I know it won't ever be a go to lipstick or one that I use a lot of - it is beautiful though. 




I knew I had to buy Something New once I saw the promo pictures - I am a tad obsessed with collecting pink lipsticks at the moment. This is a gorgeous creamy bright pink which glides on easily. 

The first time I actually heard of Cream Colour Bases was on Kelly's blog when she raved about Virgin Isle. I have to admit if it wasn't for reading this I most likely wouldn't have picked any CCB's up at all, and I definitely wouldn't have gone for Virgin Isle. These are the three I did get: 



It's really hard to get a picture of this - I didn't think it would be as orange as it is but you only need a small amount and it blends really well leaving a gorgeous coraly colour. I've read a lot more good reviews on this than just Kelly's and I also read it has now been discontinued from the permanent collection so I'm pleased I picked this up. 



My blush collection mainly consists of pinks and I have been keen to add a more red colour for a while hence why I picked this up. Along with the name - Movie Star Red, I love it! It is very bright but again a tiny bit goes a long way and it looks fabulous on. 



I ummed and aahhed about buying this as the picutres on Temptalia look remarkably like Viva Glam Gaga. You can wear the CCB's on your lips and that made me a little more less wanting to purchase it, the colour as a blush I think is a pretty dupeable colour. But I went ahead and bought it and I'm glad I did - it's the one I've worn more of since I got them and it a perfect day time blush. 



Did you get anything from Stylishly Yours? I noticed a lot of people got bits from Cham Pale, to be honest nothing in that collection stood out for me at all! I'm looking forward to getting some bits from Peacocky though :) 
xXx

2 comments:

  1. the ccbs look gorgeous!i didn't get anything from champale or stylishly yours but i did get mehr from the mickey contractor collection and it's gorgeous, defintely want some more matte lipsticks now.
    i can't wait for peacocky too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't really looked at Mickey Contractor but I did spot a bright pink eyeshadow which looked lush! xx

    ReplyDelete