Saturday, 8 January 2011

Camera help needed!

My Fujifilm camera has been a great friend to me the last couple of years and taken some great pictures but when I look at pictures people have on their blogs, facebooks, and when I compare them against the quality mine takes I think it is clear to see its time for a new one! I was hoping to pick one up in the sales but haven't made a decision what to get yet. Which is where you come in! 

I've narrowed it down to two cameras.


The Canon IXUS 130 or the Casio Exlim Zoom EX - Z35.

I really like the look of the Canon and when trawling through all the different kinds this is the one that stood out for me. But I had saved the Casio as a bookmark so at one point I know I really wanted it! The Canon is 14.1 Megapixel and 4 x Optical Zoom, and is around £130 depending on what site you look and the Casio is 12.1 Megapixel and 3 x Optical Zoom and retails around £65. 

I would be so grateful if anyone would be able to help me decide what camera to buy - I'd love to have a new one for IMATs to take some fab pics of London! 

xXx

14 comments:

  1. I love Canon, always have. I have never tried a casio but I would definitely say the canon! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I love Canon cameras!! They are really awesome:)
    Nice blog honey.
    Do check out my new website- http://www.chamberofbeauty.com
    Plz follow too:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Canon! They're a stand out brand when it comes to cameras and I'd rather have a camera brand than a brand that just happens to make cameras...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely get the Canon/ I plan on purchasing the Canon IXUS 210IS later on this year.

    Plus having 4x optical zoom is better than 3x.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've had a canon before and they are good, mine was nowhere near as good as this one though :o)

    I really want to get into retro/vintage photography myself for my blog! Will just be using online photo editor sites until then though :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The canon will be waaay better than the casio. But you still won' get the quality of a DSLR with a compact. (I assume that's the effect you're after?) I use a Sony DSLR and I honestly would never go back. The good thing about a DSLR is they don't ever need updating until they break because you can just add lenses etc. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. In my opinion, why buy a camera from an electronics manufacturer when you can buy it from an actual camera manufacturer? Canon knows camera, and spends all of their time focusing entirely upon them...Casio makes a number of different things. Go with the company who has mastered their craft.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Canon all the way! I've always found their cameras to be better, last the test of time and are easy to use!

    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm still using my Canon Ixus 60 from years ago, it's really straightforward to use, and I don't take particularly good pictures but that is more about me than the camera.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i just love cannon<333


    http://inablondeworld.blogspot.com/ stop by sometime:) hope you like it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think the Canon camera's better too because it's got a higher optical zoom. I think that's suppose to make your photos a better quality and sharper.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for everyones help, I've purchased the Canon today! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ah glad you went for the Canon! I had that one with me for the whole of my trip, it was sturdy, reliable and takes beautiful photos so easily. It's worth paying a little extra for the reliability, but you've got it now so I will stop rambling :) x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey :) It arrived yesterday not had chance to play around with it yet. Glad you recommend it :) xx

    ReplyDelete