Saturday, 3 July 2010

Easy Tea

One of my favourite things to have for tea in summer is a warm chicken salad. In heat as hot as this week I really can't be bothered to go home and cook a proper tea, all I want to do is get home, open my windows as wide as possible and change into something cooler, pop something in for tea and just wait for it to be ready! 


I'm really fussy about what type of lettuce I eat - it sounds stupid but I swear I can only eat baby spinach (as above) and iceberg lettuce! Red onion, cucumber and tomatoes make up the rest of this tea - I actually have always disliked tomatoes. Last weekend I went shopping and bought lots of fresh fruit and salad and for some reason the tomatoes just called out to me lol, I bought a couple and I actually think I like them! A warm piece of chicken and some baby new potatoes followed by some ranch dressing - makes the perfect week night tea after a long hot day at work.

I'm absolutely starving now looking at this picture! I'm being ultra greedy and getting a takeaway tonight and watching the football. Typical of me to get into the World Cup when it's reaching an end!

What are you lovely ladies doing with your weekends?

xxx

6 comments:

  1. this look so yummy you've made me hungry! I'm about to email you mrs! :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm stuffed now just eaten a curry lol, will check my emails gorgeous! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh i could just eat that now!! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks so yummy! Sadly I am not a baby spinach fan and love others more, but I still eat it for sure!! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh gawd that looks gorgeous! Om nom nom!

    ReplyDelete