Sunday, 20 June 2010

Current ♥

I feel like in the past few months not only has my love and obsession with buying new make up faded quite a lot, but also wearing it has too. Of course I always wear it if I'm going out on a night out and going shopping etc but the past year had me absolutely obsessed and wearing a face full every day. Now I literally slap on some foundation and mascara before I go for the bus on a morning and then sometimes I might add to that at work, other days I leave it. This kind of explains a little why I don't blog as much any more - I don't have the means to do it, but I don't have the enthusiasm anymore either. It's no fun reading 40+ posts on the latest mascara, latest eye shadows and lippies etc if you can barely afford to buy food to put on your table, let alone the make up everyone is raving about. When I first moved I found it easier as I still wanted to buy it all and I wasn't exactly fantastic with saving for bills - in fact I saved nothing, but I had a few lippies to show for it - now, I've realised I just can't do that. I am still interested in make up and it will always be something I would love to spend money on, but if you don't have the money it's not spending, its wasting.

But not being able to afford to buy new stuff doesn't mean I can't wade through my collection and try out new looks with my old buys, and I'm trying to get my ass back in gear with it. I thought I'd just do a little post showing you the kind of thing I'm using on a day to day basis at the moment.

Face

Rimmel Renew & Lift Foundation
The Body Shop Roseflower Blush

Eyes

The Body Shop Eyeshadow Trio in Sundown Glow
MAC Powepoint Eyeliner in Engraved
Maxfactor Lash Lengthening Mascara
Macfactor Falsh Lash Effect Mascara

Lips

Lush Lip Scrub in Mint Julips
The Body Shop Lip Butter Oui Oui Oui
MAC Viva Glam Gaga

xXx

12 comments:

  1. I am exactly the same, this time last year I wouldn't leave the house without prrmer, foundation, blush, concealer, eye brightner, setting powder, shadow, liner, etc, etc...

    Now I just about manage to slap on some foundation and mascara. I think partly mfor me I got a bit stuck with what to do with my make up, and also as I was trying new things would quite often end up making a Jordan-esque mess of it all.

    Make up is hard work, isn't it!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. At times, yes! I know exactly what you mean, last year I bought so much make I was convinced I *needed* .. this year I don't use any of it! It just lays in the drawer unloved and unused!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh, I think we all have those moments and sometimes it's better for our skin to wear less make-up anyways, right-o? (By the way, we wear the same foundation woot woot!)

    But definitely make this blog about whatever you'd like, you don't have to necessarily write about the latest lippy, just write on what makes you happy/what you love, 'cause I'll keep coming back to read :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, you're a sweetie! Once I get back into the swing of it it's def not going to be as make up related as it has been in the past, it will just change to what my life is about now more! Loves xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm the same too. I used to have terrible skin. But I've been on medication for a few months which is clearing my skin and I've found I need to wear a lot less makeup now. Then I stopped making an effort with eye makeup etc and now it's basically mascara and that's it lol. I'm glad I'm saving money buy not buying everything I look at on these blogs too hehe. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey hunny - I feel the same, I've had to dramatically cut my beauty spending - a roof over my head is much more important so i'm just enjoying discovering things in my collection i've forgotten. Glad you're going to be posting more :D xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some bloggers say that the more they get into blogging, the more they spend because they see themselves liking things they would never have looked at before but I think I'm the opposite. Before I used to peruse the makeup sections in Boots and Superdrug and pick up what looked nice but now I seem to zero in on what people have reviewed and given good press too. I think that has its plus sides and down sides because you might be missing some right gems..

    My passion for makeup is still there but I think my passion for BUYING it has seriously gone. I find myself spending more money on clothes and shoes because I managed my bills a while ago.

    I never used to go out in a full face of makeup but now I find myself wanting to make the effort with foundation and some liner..

    I also feel that I find my self experimenting more with my blending in the evenings because it's something I really want to improve. I'd never have been practicing at night before I started blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know how you feel, I went a little mad a few years ago buying make-up. It almost got compulsive.

    Reality was I was buying it and just storing it away.
    Did i need 20 different eyeshadows, 10 different lipglosses...?

    No I really didn't. Half of it didn't get used at all.
    I ended up selling a load of makeup at the last car boot we did.

    I like makeup but I only ever wear a full face for special occassions really. Otherwise it's basic foundation, neutral eyeshadow and mascara for me on a daily basis.

    Please keep blogging though. Your blog really can be whatever you want it to be :)x

    ReplyDelete
  9. its ok for us guys, when dont bother, just brush the hair with our hands and were done, life sucks sometimes, xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never been a big wearer of make up but i have bought other products including clothing/shoes in the past which have been left un-used, a total waste of money!! I think as you get older your priorities change, savings and cutting out spending on luxuries is one top!! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Girl I feel your pain - at one particularly tight financial time I was wearing lipstick for blusher and baby powder for eyeshadow!

    ReplyDelete
  12. the experimenting with stuff you already own is a great idea... much more inspiring I think than new buys :)

    ReplyDelete