Monday, 15 February 2010

A January Round Up!

OK I am so late with this post!! But better late than never right? This was my post from last month where I round up books I had read, films I had watched etc, and I hope to keep it up each month. So here goes!

I've read


I finished off reading Where there's A Will which took me ages because I just couldn't get into it. I wouldn't really recommend it. I swapped a book I had found hard to get rid of on Read It Swap It for Daddy's Little Earner, one of those real life books about abused kids - I really don't go for books like this but the person swapping had nothing else I wanted. I read it pretty fast and managed to swap it for something else within an hour of putting it back on the site! 


These three were only little thin books which are a bit dated now - they're set in the early nineties on a chat room, where two people meet and chat in the first one, meet in the second and on the third - well I won't tell you in case you want to read! If anyone fancies reading these email me and I'll send them to you (UK only) as I'm done with them now. :) 


I raved about Paige Toon's Lucy in the Sky here and picked up her second book, Chasing Daisy a few months ago. I only got round to reading it this month and I loved it! I read it pretty fast and it was so good I didn't want to put it down. With Lucy Diamond's Hens Reunited I picked it up on Sunday night and just laid on the sofa until I finished it. Don't you just love books like that? :) I love Belinda Jone's books because they all focus on somewhere - I Love Capri, Divas Las Vegas and The California Club being the three that I have read, and the way she writes makes me wish I was in these places so much! I'm going to look at the other books she has for sure. And the last book up there is not a book, it's a travel brochure for America. That I have been reading before bed like a storybook, reading everything - I should know all the hotels, their pros and cons etc off by heart now. I want to go back to America so much. I can't stop thinking that maybe when my contract on the flat runs out I should go home for a while to save and then go to America. I don't know what to do! 

I've seen


I've watched quite a few films this month. With the bad weather there were some days I couldn't get to work so to me that's a good enough excuse to sit on the sofa watching DVD's all day! I finally watched and then sold The History Boys and Factory Girl; I didn't really like either of them that much but I did love the fashion in Factory Girl. I wanted to watch this after I saw Emma raving about it on her blog not so long ago! I watched The Breakfast Club too, it was OK .. I thought it would be better, but then again I thought it had Andrew McCarthy in and I was wrong. Andrew McCarthy is so cool.


I had a sleepover at one of my friends and we watched the three films above. Well, we watched Pulse, which was alright (I hate scary films) and then put Pandorum on and went to bed. The DVD player just kept replaying it and I had the worst nights sleep ever sleeping with it in the background! I couldn't find the remote so didn't turn it off and I kept waking up to new parts of the film. I still don't really know anything about it apart from the beginning, I had to wiki it! In the morning we watched The Invention of Lying which I had wanted to see when it came out and thought it was  a good funny watch. :)


On one of my off days I think I watched Where The Heart Is and Honey and most of the CSI Miami in one sitting. Where The Heart Is was a really good feel good film, a bit shit but one of those where you don't have to think of much and you just enjoy it! I loved Honey, can't believe I've had this for so long and never watched it. I had to buy Teen Wolf because I have never seen it! I watched the first; I love eighties films and Michael J Fox! If you haven't seen I Could Never Be Your Woman I would def recommend it! Even if you don't find it a great film it still has sexy Paul Rudd in it [Reminds me of you every time now Emma...we HAVE to have a night in with a selection of PR films... an evil black pixie fixie :)] I also watched CSI NY ...all in one sitting..yep...good times :) I literally woke up and put it on and just stayed there ALL day..but that's what you have to do when you're ogling Danny Messer ;)



January saw the return of Shameless, now in it's seventh series and not as good as when it first started but still a good watch and full of some fitties!


I also started watching Glee and The Good Wife, and got addicted to Celebrity Big Brother. I felt genuinely happy for Alex when he won!

My favourite film this month and one that I'd definitely recommend was The Wave.


It's German and subtitled, which I didn't realise until I'd bought it and come to watch it and I have to say that if I had known I wouldn't have purchased it. But I'm so glad I did! It's based on real life events about a teacher who tries to teach his class about dictatorships and it all goes horribly wrong. I've leant to my parents and keep nagging them to watch it but I don't think they will:/ Have you seen it?

Make up

I don't think I can explain my nail varnish obsession recently, it's crazy! My favourite polish has to be the Collection 2000 one I wrote about here as well as my Konad! I think my favourite bits were the pieces I picked up from Sarah's blog sale here.

If you want to join in don't forget to let me know so I can see your picks of the month!

xXx

4 comments:

  1. I saw Pandorum in the cinema with a friend, and we talked about it for ages afterwards - but only because we couldn't figure out what the hell was meant to have happened in that two hours of my life that I'll never get back!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to be done with school so I have more time for fun books and television and movies!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo, love this little round-up! I stopped watching CSI: Miami a while ago, and finally my parents did too because they couldn't handle Horatio's ridiculousness anymore! And I've always had a soft spot for "Where The Heart Is" ... it could have been told better, but it's an alright film. I hope I'll get to read some books for pleasure this week since I have it off!

    Hope you have a great week, hun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I 've seen "The Wave/Die Welle" and omg, I loved it! Nice and quite unusual, great movie that gives you food for thought afterwards as well..!
    Lovely post honey! :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete