Tuesday, 23 February 2010

I heart you

In my last post I told you I'd picked up a nail art kit from Poundland and was pretty excited to use it.

I had a look through all my polishes and decided to use Barry M Black and use the silver/holographic love hearts from the kit. I sat down on Sunday night (probably a bad move to do it on Sunday night) and put on two coats of Black and them between 3 - 5 hearts on each nail, and a ton of top coat. I just kept piling the top coat on because they felt so heavy I was scared they'd come straight off. I took a photo but it looked pretty rubbish, so I've had a little play on Picnik and ended up with this:


The colour is really wishy washy :/

When I went to bed I noticed on the other hand I had managed to smudge half of my little nail off and all the thumb and by the time I woke up I just hated it. All day the little hearts were bugging me and in the end I spent my Monday night picking them off whilst watching Glee. I shouldn't bhave been so lazy but I was so tired and I never bothered to get the nail varnish remover out...cue todays nails after another morning picking the black off...

 

 


I am so disgusting, I can't believe I'm out in public like this today. I can't wait to take it off when I get home!! And as soon as I leave I am putting my gloves on so no one else can see!

So I don't love the kit as much as I hoped I would; however I think it might be because I put too many bits on each nail? I'm going to maybe just put on on each nail next time.

I'll leave you with some more things I heart...

 

  

  

xXx

13 comments:

  1. Where the picture of me to go along with it : p
    hehe the nails looked awesome before you picked at them tut
    and Oscar is GORGE
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha i definitely pick at hated nails too - can't help it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think they looked really good! I can't believe you picked at your nails like that lol the photo made me laugh. Hope you are ok Carla xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, your kitty is soooo cute. I'm a total cat lover.
    Can't complain about Zac Efron either! ;)
    Kim x0x0

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool nail art! I do that to my nails too!! I ♡ Zach!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, I'm not really good with nails so I don't really know what to say. Heck, I don't even know how to paint my nails. I hope you're having a great day.

    Lots of love,

    ReplyDelete
  7. he he... that's like something I would do... spend an age doing something and then pick it all off!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think the black nails looked quite cool!

    If you're after some inspiration here's a link to a couple of blogs I go to....now they are super blinged up nails!

    http://www.superkawaiimama.com.au/tag/nails/

    http://violetlebeaux.com/tag/nail-art/

    I wish I had the patience, I don't even have enough to paint my nails!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry...me again...found this too...
    http://www.create-magical-nails.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww, I can picture us both watching GLEE and picking at our nail polish ... I have a habit of doing that, even if it's pretty haha. Shame that the kit didn't work out the way you wanted to ... on the plus side, Oscar is adorable and I love "17 Again"! Hope you have an amazing weekend, hun :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have a habit of picking my nails too, especially if it doesn't turn out the way I wanted it too. Your nails do not look that bad, it's actually pretty cute.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh nooo! :( !!
    They looked so pretty though!
    Did you perhaps put too much top coat on, without it drying...?
    Whenever I add stuff on my nails, they do feel uneven, but that's alright!
    I hope you can give it another go and find a way to make that mani work, as it was really lovely!!!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete