Sunday, 10 January 2010

A December Round Up!



I had the idea to try and do this post at the end of each month. I'm the sort of person who loves lists, and being able to keep a little chart of everything I've read, seen and been into each month is my kind of thing! Please feel free to join in, but if you do leave a comment so I know to look at yours for any recommendations! And obviously this is a little late now, being in January, but I kept forgetting to bring my lists round to my mums when I was here to blog!!

I've read

December saw me get into the True Blood books - only the first three mind. I mentioned before how I'd bought the first three and not really liked it. I picked up the other two and finished them in days! I also picked up Twilight and New Moon again - I had intentions of re-reading the whole saga but I wanted to get on with other books so I stopped.


I fell in love with Harriet Evans The Love of her Life and read it in a day, I finally finished Katy Regan's One Thing Led to Another which I didn't really enjoy and I picked up A Winter's Tale from a charity shop and got all excited reading this while wrapping Christmas presents and listening to Christmas songs.



I finished the year reading Where There's a Will by Matt Beaumont which I'm finding hard to get into and like, and began reading John Barrowman's I Am What I Am after receiving it as a Christmas Present.


Favourite book of December? Probably Living Dead in Dallas. Eric Northman is too hot to not put in the top spot!

I've seen

I finally went to see New Moon after all the fuss had died down (I can't stand being in packed cinemas!)and thought it was really good, but not as good as Twilight. Although Jacob is ten million squillion billion ten hundred zillion times fitter than in Twilight. Let's hear an ahhhh...


:)

I also went to see 2012 with my bro and was a bit scared! Films about the end of the world always have me thinking and being scared for months after.




DVD wise I got to see The Hangover and The Proposal again, which are both so funny. I had forgotten how funny the scene in The Propsal is when Sandra Bullock is dancing to the Get Low song, so funny! I watched 17 Again again over Christmas - it is definitely one of my favourite films, and I think it would be even if Zac Efron wasn't in it - he is so fit!


I spent two hungover Saturday mornings - does anyone else wake up at the crack of dawn when they've been drinking? Why is that? The one time you could do with the lie in. Instead I chose to lie on the sofa, shivering (I  HAVE to be freezing when I'm suffering, it helps me feel better!) with a pint of water and Sex and the City Movie one week, Love Actually another. And I cried like a baby at various points through both.




I spent Christmas Eve watching A Christmas Carol (the Patrick Stewart version) and An Affair to Remember, which I surprisingly loved!




and my favourite film of the month was one that had been on my wishlist for a long time but I had never seen. ITV showed it in between Christmas and New Year and I loved it! I can't wait to buy it. What is it?




Mermaids :)
I loved Cher's style and everything about it!

I also fell in love with True Blood and watched the first series in practically a day, as well as being obsessed with Gavin and Stacey - never have I owned a DVD that has been watched so many times! I finally got to the end of Nip Tuck Series 2 - the ending was brill! I can't wait to buy series 3 now.

Most used make up this month

I used the Sleek Sunset palette almost everyday in December - the red colour was perfect for Christmas! I also took to doing pretty made up eyes everyday, including using my Maybelline Kohl Express eyeliner and my Bourjois eyeliner too.

Hope you didn't find this too boring, it is rather long, but like I say it is probably more for my own benefit being able to look back than anything else!

xXx

18 comments:

  1. Great post! Completely agree with the Eric Northman thing <3 and what you said about New Moon is true! I'm not a huge fan of the films to be honest, but I'll watch them all the same :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree about end of the world stuff being scary... logically, I know it's not going to happen, but I still wouldn't see 2012, I probably would have have nightmares.

    Here's a blog all about lists! You could do a guest blog ;]

    http://listaddicts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab idea for a post. You got through sooo many books. I love Mermaids, its one of my favourite films, i can't believe you'd never seen it! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved New Moon and 17 again :) Great post! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great movies! :) Hangover, 17 again, Love Actually...ahhhh...SATC....even Mermaids...perfect! :D And hehe, I so agree on Eric Northman...sigh. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really njoyed reading this post. Just read Living Dead in Dallas - loved it! Love New Moon, Harriett Evans, watched the Proposal at Xmas, very funny!
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really enjoyed this blog. I have been thinking about doing something like this. I really liked the movie 17 AGAIN ha ha

    I am a new follower. Pop on by to my blog and follow back if you would like. It is nice to "meet" you and I look forward to following your blog. ~Jewels at A Blonde Walks Into A Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gosh it takes me so long to read a book. I probably only read a couple a year i'm ashamed to say! I guess it's cuz I watch a lot of movies instead hehe. Would love to be able to read as much as you. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Omg you cant half get through some books & dvds, im terrible for dragging books on (only coz im sad when they have finished)

    Gaving & stacy is great im gonna have to buy the box set to see them all

    You watch the inbetweeners? thats funny - u shld check it out

    Ive never seen mermains.. Eeeeek

    Great post, hope all is well xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved this post! I switched off that Mermaids film though!
    The books definitely converted me to Team Eric ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am rereading New Moon right now. I loved the movie, but Twilight featured more Edward, so obviously spoke to me more. But Jacob in New Moon?? Oh my... ahhhhhhh!
    No matter how many times I watch Love Actually, I cry...

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great idea, yey
    And i love Mermaids lol
    I once did an essay on it at uni lol
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great idea, yey
    And i love Mermaids lol
    I once did an essay on it at uni lol
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this idea for a post!! have nominated you for an award on my blog lovely xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome post!! I loved the first 3 books in the Sookie Stackhouse series, but I had a hard time getting into book 4. I bought the first 7 books in a paperback set and I have been on break from them for a few months. But I have a TON of new books to post about, which I will soon! And seriously, WHEN is season 2 of True Blood coming to DVD?!?! I need it NOW! I bought season 1 and finished it JUST as season 2 finished on HBO. Hehehe...

    ReplyDelete
  16. I was drooling all over myself through Jacob's scenes in "New Moon"! I actually enjoyed it a little more than "Twilight," I have to say... I guess it was just more visually interesting to me. But they're both good! :)

    I'm sad to say I've never seen "Mermaids"... though you've inspired me now! I'll have to rent it soon!

    ReplyDelete