Sunday, 27 December 2009

Pressies :)


I read a few things today about people (as in us bloggers) not wanting to see posts like the one I'm about to do - showing a few things I got for Christmas. I don't see why not; personally I'm really interested in seeing what others got given and I'm going to share a few bits that I got, because I think the majority of people are interested. If you're not however, just skip this post now! :)


I was given Gavin & Stacey Series 3 and Cecilia Ahern The Book of Tomorrow by a lovely friend, can't wait to get reading the book, it is so lovely! As for G&S I've already skipped to the final episode (sob sob) and am saving the extras for when I get back home! Another friend bought me a John Barowman book lol, we love him and always talk about him being stupid and I find him really funny so looking forward to reading this too. With that book she got me one of my all time favourite films...


The Preacher's Wife! My mum detests this film. One Christmas, every single time I turned on Sky Movies it was on! It drove her crazy. We don't have Sky anymore, but when we went to Whitby  in October they did - I turned it on and this film was on! It's so good, I actually don't know anyone else that loves it, or even likes it for that matter so leave a comment if you do!! Can't wait to watch it this week.


My bro bought me the latest Harry Potter film, the Death Eater Mask edition case too - I actually thought this was a mask so am a little disappointed that it isn't, it's just got the discs behind it, but it is still really cool for a Harry Geek like me!


My mum and dad got me this - it's a doorstop! It's so cute and soft as well as being really heavy - I needed a doorstop for my bedroom door and this will look so cute :)

My friend also got me this hot water bottle - I think it is called Shirley the Sheep! As you know I love sheep and it is so cold on a night inmy flat I need a hot water bottle to keep cosy so I can't wait to use her :)


Her mum and dad also got me this lovely necklace, bangles and nail varnishes - the green is gorgeous, I can't wait to see what it looks like on!


I got this cute little jewellery wrap - I have been wanting one for ages!


You may remember here when I mentioned my friend was going to New York and I couldn't decide what I wanted to get while she was there. Well as I moved out, I decided I couldn't really afford to be splurging on MAC and other expensive bits and pieces, so I just gave her the list I had made and asked her to get me stuff on there for my Christmas present from her. She got me the Young Punk from Style Black collection, the lustreglass below, a foundation brush, and also this Virgin Vie nail varnish.


I can't wait to try out some of the new make up this week!

What did you get for Christmas?

xXx

27 comments:

  1. I'm in two minds about doing a post like this. I avoid Twitter for all the bitching and back-stabbing really. If you don't like a post, ignore it, don't bitch on Twitter about it.

    Good on you for doing this post. You got some lovely things! The lustreglass looks really pretty, and how cute is that doorstop?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, by the way, how good was G&S last episode?! I was on pins all the way through. I watched it about 3 weeks ago, and have been itching to give spoilers to my friends since lol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've just done a similar post! Looks like you got some fab bits, Young Punk looks awesome. did you remember what you wanted to ask me? It'll probably come to you at 3am one night! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the post :)
    i love seeing what people got!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love seeing what people get. The water bottle is so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You got some lovely presents, can't wait to read the cecelia ahern book, hers are always so magical! I've never heard of that film either, will check it out! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice loot!

    Happy new year from your friends in Vermont! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't see why people don't like posts like this, I love them, love seeing all the nice pretty things that people got. You got some lovely posts babe.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your post! I love to see what people got for Christmas and you got some great things. I love the sheep! Such a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the pressies! All the books! yay!

    I got a Tiffany charm bracelet, Uggs slippers and PJ's! :D

    Loves

    ReplyDelete
  11. young punk looks great :)

    think i will do one of these posts too xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. ah i'm glad you shared with us all what presents you got! they look fab x

    Missy
    For all things fashion:
    http://thefashionfusion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. oooh lovely presents!!! The hot water bottle is brilliant!

    The make-up...just awesome! I can't buy MAC because there is no counter on the entire island and they don't sell online in Italy :(

    hope you had a great christmas! :*

    ReplyDelete
  14. oooh lovely presents!!! The hot water bottle is brilliant!

    The make-up...just awesome! I can't buy MAC because there is no counter on the entire island and they don't sell online in Italy :(

    hope you had a great christmas! :*

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love being nosy and present/haul posts are great in my book! They also give me ideas of what to put on my Bday/christmas list for next year :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love seeing all of the lovely things people got - especially like your jewellery wrap! Hope you had a brilliant Christmas xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I totally love to see what people get for Christmas :) My mom got me the new HP too, completely unexpectedly! I actually almost bought it the day before the package came, but then I couldn't find it so I decided to wait - good thing! My fave presents though probably came from cousin...she works for a legal publisher and gave me a whole bunch of fab legal books! I'm such a nerd :) I spent like an hour reading the fancy new dictionary she got me, haha.

    LOVE the sheep hot water bottle - that's ingenious.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I totally saw The Preacher's Wife for my first date with my ex. Wow. Blast from the past!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love Gavin & Stacey! Oooh those Mac things look lovely :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's yor blog so you should blog about whatever you want! Who's saying they don't want to see blogs about Christmas??

    ReplyDelete
  21. Super lovely, sweet and thoughtful presents! :)))
    Although I get your dissapointment about the mask case, I 'd be too, it would look so amazing on!!!
    And I agree with you about the christmas presents posts/videos... I mean, it's really not that different from a haul is it?

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy New Year!

    I love the doorstop although I think it is too cute to just have on the floor. I have an owl one myself that I now have on a shelf because I didn't like seeing it on the floor!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the door stop none of the doors in my flat need them but thats so cute id have to get one just for show hehe. And i got one of them Hottie things only mines a little monkey its so cold in my flat too its my new best friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I adore the preachers wife so much one of my favourite films to watch all year round not just at Christmas x

    ReplyDelete