Monday, 14 December 2009

Harriet Evans


This book has a LOT to answer for. It's the reason I am so tired - I began reading it on Saturday night, probably only read a few chapters but when I got home last night and picked it up for a little bit I didn't realise that I wouldn't be able to put it down without finding the end out...thus staying up until 3 am to finish it! Not good when your alarm goes off at 6.30...

I love Harriet Evans. I probably wouldn't care if her writing was rubbish, as the covers of her hardback books are so lovely and glittery, but the writing isn't rubbish and I love reading them.



Going Home reminds me of Christmas and I love picking it up over the holidays. It makes me crave a massive family and stately family home though! A Hopeless Romantic again makes me want the same things...I didn't like it as much as Going Home but I do think it's pretty hard to beat.


This is Harriet's latest book, I Remember You. I'm a bit mad because I had been thinking all weekend I had asked for it at Christmas and I have just realised I haven't! I got confused with Cecilia Aherns The Book of Tomorrow. Oh well, another book to buy myself then! I'm sure it will be as good as the rest of her books.

Does anyone else rate this author?

xXx

8 comments:

  1. I've not read anything by Harriet Evans, but will now make a note to do so.

    Mind you I'm like you, once a start a book I can easily sit up all night reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG - I love her, I have also read all of them. Going Home is my favourite, with A Hopeless Romantic next and then The Love of Her Life.
    I also forgot to ask for the new one - if I get it in paperback I will forward on to you once read.

    Claire
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm exactly the same, when i get into a book i really can't put it down! Bet you are soo tired today x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I've read A Hopeless Romantic and really enjoyed it! Will have to check out 'Going Home' :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've not read anything from her before but all her novels sound really good so will check them out over Xmas. I'm the same as you, once I start reading I find it really hard to put a good book down x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read any of her books, but will look into it.

    http://inbugsdrawers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Shopaholic ~ It's so easily done! xx

    @ Claire ~ Oh thats so lovely, thank you! xx

    @ Em ~ Lol I was I went to bed at 10 last night lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Daisy ~ Yes Going Home is brill def read it! xx

    @ P+WL ~ Would def. recommend her! Let me know what you think! xx

    @ Bug ~ Let me know if you like her! xx

    ReplyDelete