Saturday, 26 December 2009

Happy Christmas!

I always feel a little sad when Christmas is over - I think because it's my favourite time of year and it only lasts a short while!

I finished work at 12 on Christmas Eve and went for a little drink then went to my parents where I am staying until tomorrow, then back again for New Years.



Christmas Eve afternoon and evening was spent eating gorgeous party food, watching bits of films, bits of Shrek, bits of An Affair to Remember and other bits that were on TV.


On Christmas Day, the day I really wanted it to actually snow it was sunny (why is it always sunny on Christmas Day, I hate it!)! After opening our presents from Santa we had some gorgeous chocolate croissants, then opened more presents from friends. After we'd finished we had some smoked salmon and bagels which were, again, gorgeous.

My grandma came for dinner but didn't stay very long, so I took advantage of some of the smelly things I had received from people and got a warm bath then all snuggly in new PJs, settled on the sofa with nibbly bits and drink in reach and watched Four Christmases with mum and dad, then some other bits that were on TV, The Royal Family, Gavin and Stacey.

I took a few pictures during the day of the tree and things and thought I'd share them with you.



Cheeky cat trying to get some of my Dad's party food!




A selection of my favourite ornaments on their tree!


Milo behind the tree! When we first got her, when she was a kitten, she kept disappearing and we never knew where she was...until one time a cracker fell from the tree - she was hiding in the branches!


The dining table before Christmas dinner.

Hope you all had wonderful days, I did!

xXx

20 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Love the photo of the tree, one of the prettiest I've seen in a long time!

    Looks like you had a great time. I adore Xmas too, gonna have 2 this year! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I especially love the pictures of your kitty! So cute!! So glad to hear you had a lovely Christmas.. but yes, it always passes too quickly. I wish there was a way to make it last longer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who doesn't love a White Christmas!!! Hope you have a wonderful holiday :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That all looks so lovely!!! I'm so glad you had a wonderful christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Lipglossiping ~ Aww thank you honey, that's so sweet! xx

    @ KS ~ Aww thanks, she's a little cutie! I know I wish too! xx

    @ Brunette ~ Thanks hon! xx

    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Kelsey ~ Thank you! xx

    @ Nicole Marie ~ :) Going to put some more pictures I took up soon! xx

    @ Jenni ~ Thank you! xx

    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a lovely day. I love the shoe decoration!! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely photos!! I’m very jealous of your snow. Ours had all gone come xmas day and all that was left was ice.
    Happy Christmas!
    X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely photos!! Merry Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ Em ~ Thank you! It was :) xx

    @ Miss H ~ Aww :( Happy Christmas! xx

    @ Daisy ~ Thanks hon! Merry Christmas xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous pics!! Glad you had a great Christmas

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  12. Chocolate croissants? Oh yummy! Great pictures. I love those ornaments. And cats are a little crazy. Mine is demanding my attention right now. I gotta go :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your tree decorations are blinking gorgeous! Sounds like a lovely relaxing day x

    ReplyDelete
  14. your M&D's house is lovely and looks so Christmassy-I can't believe you still had snow as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a gorgeous tree...and that window. WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the shoe decoration!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely tree! Hope you had a very merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete