Sunday, 13 December 2009

Favourite Christmas Songs

I thought I would do a quick post of my favourite Christmas songs, given the season and all! So here we go, the five most listened to songs on my iPod at this time of year.

Fairytale of New York



I have always loved this song. The first few bars of music make me so excited the hairs on the back of my neck stand up and I love the Irish accent in it :)

Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas



This song is so warm and lovely! It makes me smile and want a big warm family (I don't know why). I only really love the Luther Vandross version though.



Driving Home For Christmas




I adore this song. It reminds me of my daddy, when we used to work together and drive home on a night in Winter, I love it.

Do They Know It's Christmas



I have to be honest. I used to hate this song so much. I can't say I like Bob Geldof. The only reason I have suddenly taken a liking to it?




That is SO funny!!! I absolutely LOVE Gavin & Stacey, especially the Christmas Special, it makes me feel all happy and excited!

Last Christmas



You can never go wrong with a bit of Wham!

12 comments:

  1. I love the Pogues and Kirsty McColl song hearing it in New York was a highlight :)
    Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas always makes me cry - the part its used in Meet Me In St Louis is actually quite sad :(
    I love the waitresses and Christmas Wrapping too:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a fabulous post!! I love Christmas music- I literally listen to it over and over and over. It just makes me happy. I hadn't heard most of these and I am so excited to add them to my iPod. I especially love that first song... wow. And yes, the Irish accent is just magical in it.
    And WHAM- love it. I have that one on my iPod now and it just makes me cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of those! I'm watching T4 now and they are playing Christmas songs and its got me singing away x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fairytale of New York is the best Christmas song, ever! Also love Last Christmas :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just listened to each and every one of those!
    Love the Lutha Vandross & driving home for christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you for visiting my blog! LOVE the fairytale of New York clip. Well done for listing these, brilliant! Lizzie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. last christmas is still my fav & all I want for xmas played by the chemical romamce!!

    (agree on Stuart he's so sexy in that movie!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic songs ! The lot of them !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great!! I don't think I've heard Fairytale of New York before. So it's great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your festive background! And I agree: You can never go wrong with a bit of Wham! I loooove that song when it comes on the Christmas radio station! I've never seen the old school music video though, which is AWESOME!

    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have Yourself a Merry Christmas - this is like the most perfect Christmas song ever. Sets the mood perfectly. I picture smiling faces and family time! :)

    ReplyDelete