Wednesday, 21 October 2009

Whitby - Part 2

My favourite part about the shops in Whitby is the book shops or the charity shops. I am a total book whore and I buy SO many - I keep meaning to do a post and show you the pile of books I have lying around to read. I try and refrain from buying them but I just can't - I can't jusitfy that buying nine books in a chain store would cost £71+ but in a charity shop they cost less than £15. I feel like I am being bad by not buying them!

I found a little boutiquey kind of store this time and picked up a gorgeous snakeskin kind of purse in pink which really matches a bag and a pair of shoes I have. It was in the sale too - only £7. I've used it loads since I got back. I also found two rings from the same shop which were on an offer, I can't remember how much I paid for them though, they are gorgeous:




So onto the books...
That bottom one is an Amy Winehouse biography. I didn't even mean to go into that shop; in Robins Hood Bay we passed it and I saw the Amy book displayed in the window along with other hardbacks and I thought it was a 'proper' (i.e. expensive!) so I passed it by and then on the way back my mm hesitated for something in her bag and I just had a peek and found a few books and then realised the Amy one was only £2 - it should be £17.99!! The other books were all under £2. I have read Something Borrowed by Tina Reilly already. I need to sort out my tons of books for Read It Swap It, I mean would you lot be interested if I wrote a list of all the books I have read and then maybe a whittled down list of books I am after, maybe doing swaps? Is that a silly idea, I just have so many, there must be nearly 40 books there now. My mum said she wants to take them to a charity shop but I want to keep them so I can swap them for books I want to save money!

I have a bit of an obsession with sheep - lambs, to be precise. I have a lamb teddy and take it with me on holiday (sad, I know) - I just pick random lamb bits up all the time. So I couldn't not pick this up! It's a handpainted stone.

I bought a wire heart wall frame that you can slot photos in but I haven't put a picture on because people, I am moving! I am so excited, as you know I currently live with my brother and parents and my moving date in 30 October. So thats partly why I'm busy...I have a lot to do! I will show you the heart thing when it is up in my new pad (and also other pictures too!)

xXx

18 comments:

  1. defo go on read it swap it I have just joined and its fab :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried to get into read it swap it but i just don't really understand the website...
    You should put a list of books you'e like and what you'd swap though - i'm sure a few people would be interested; me included, but i don't have much to swap :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Tasmina Perry! Took Guilty Pleasure with my on holiday and devoured it by the pool...was fab.

    Daddy's Girls is great too.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww I really miss Whitby Sunday afternoons wandering around the harbour and fish and chips from Trenchers....makes me wonder why I ever moved to a city!

    I'm going to have to check out read it swap it, I could do with giving my bookshelf a good clearout!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the rings, especially the smaller one!! I can't tell, are they silver or gold?!

    x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there, the rings are lovely!! I too have piles of books all over my house, I just love them and can't live without them...

    xx
    Bunny
    ps, thanks for the sweet comment on my 4year old son's Oliver's blog, he does it each day on his own, its a riot, he loves to blog....I have moved my blog to www.theparishouse.com stop by when you have a chance )

    ReplyDelete
  7. what pretty rings. A biography about Amy Winehouse? is it any good?

    ReplyDelete
  8. you have such a cool blog with such a big fanbase!

    cute rings ;)

    xx
    erimentha

    ReplyDelete
  9. charity shop post always can inspire me :]

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love boutiques..not just because I work at one but I love unique finds. Cute rings!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That clutch is just lovely. Gorgeous color!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The lamb is very cute ! I think the book idea is good, I would really but up for that ! Thanks for letting me know about Lush ! I will make sure I take a trip to Leeds / Manchester and take a look!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think we might be twins hun, too am addicted to book buy and have a massive sheep collection. You know those glow in the dark stars? I have glow in the dark sheep :d

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that purse! They do similar ones in River Island. But definately not as cheap as this! Good bargain :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amy Winehouse has a biography??

    Oh my.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well, ain't that just the cuttest thang (the 6th one)!

    ReplyDelete