Monday, 5 October 2009

Tickled Pink

Every October is Break Cancer Awareness Month and there are plenty of ways to get involved. Me and my bank account both agree this means buying lots of Tickled Pink clothes, accessories etc :) all giving money to the Charity but there are lots of other ways to be a part of it... If you click here you can see some of the ways on their website. I love the cool October calender at the side telling you all the events. It must be such a great month to work for the Charity, there are so many events and fundraisers to raise ... funds for Breast Cancer Campaign. I've been noticing bits here and there and thought I'd post a few things to show you some of the great buys you can pick up lots of places, even when doing your weekly shop in Asda, but first, some of the facts taken from the site:

  • Breast cancer is the most common cancer and accounts for nearly one in three of all cancers in women.
  • One woman in nine will be diagnosed with breast cancer in her lifetime.
  • Breast cancer is the second biggest cause of death from cancer in women, the most common in Ireland.
  • Every year, over 45,500 women are diagnosed with breast cancer and around 12,000 will die from the disease.
  • Each month, over 3,800 women will be diagnosed and around 1,000 will die.
  • Men can also suffer from breast cancer, and although it is rare around 300 men a year are diagnosed, and around 90 men die from breast cancer.

I think facts sink in more, when you read them like that. I would guess from those statistics that a hell of a lot of us reading this know at least one person who has either had, or passed away from breast cancer. Survival rates for the disease have improved significantly over the last 20 years and the most recent figures show around 80% of women in the UK diagnosed today will be alive in five years time. I think I can say hands down these are my two favourite facts. Everyone can help and I would urge people reading this to click on the links posted and see what you can do to participate this October. :)

Ahh onto the fun part...shoppingggg!!!!

I do think Asda is pretty cool each year with the merchandise they bring out, this year being no exception: I obviously couldn't post everything I liked as there was loads so be sure to check out online or your local!






Another great site to check out is the Wear it Pink site. I love that they don't just do the Pink Ribbon badges anymore, they do cufflinks (SO cute!), bracelets, bags... check the shop out here! Over at Debenhams Julian Macdonald, John Rocha, Matthew Williamson, Betty Jackson and Jasper Conran have all made tee shirts with 30% of the profit going to the Charity. There's also plenty of lingerie and cute little bits and bats, like...



Everyone loves a bit of polish so I will end with OPI's participation in the Tickled Pink Campaign this year. Retailing at £9.95 they have released a gorgeous bright pink called Pink Positively (they never fail with their funky names, do they?!) with £2 going to Charity. There is also a Pink Positively Pamper Pack containing the Pink Positively polish, Start to Finish top and base coat, a Cran & Berry Juice Body Lotion, Toe Separators, mini cuticle stick and a mini metallic nail file. This costs £18, £3 going to Tickled Pink. I always adore the collections OPI do but, as I have said before, I really don't want to spend so much on nail polish, and this set is usually worth £40. You can buy one for £29.80 and it includes again, the Pink Positively (I can't think anything but positive I've now written this so many times LOL!), Pearls Night Out, Kiss on the Chic and Time - Less Is More. I really like this collection and I think I might put an order in with OPI...I have seen a gorgeous purple that I pretty much need for Autumn...

Pamper Kit

True Devotion




Hope you enjoyed this post and didn't find it boring or anything, I just keep spotting lots of Tickled Pink stuff around at the moment and it's all for a good cause at the end of the day. :)

xXx

10 comments:

  1. great post! i'm going to get the opi polish i think and the essie one too :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. those slipper boots look so warm
    i may have to purchase some :) xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the post and shout out to breast cancer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the post hun - and love the bright pink OPI nail varnish! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post, great cause - and you've got me tempted with some great products too. Guess the word of the day? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Emma ~ Yes I think I have to get the OPI! xx

    @ Lizzy ~ I know thats why I want them, to pad around in in Winter! xx

    @ Lily ~ :) Thanks xx

    @ Beauty Addict ~ Thanks! It's lush isn't it! xx

    @ Lipglossiping ~ Haha - great stuff! :p xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab post, i always get involved in breast camcer awareness, we do alot for it at work and i love all the bits at asda x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay for breast cancer awareness month! (I work at a cancer research center here in Seattle).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post!! We so need to be more aware of this.
    Oh and the T-shirt is cute! ;)

    ReplyDelete