Tuesday, 1 September 2009

A little pay day goodies...

So as you know I picked up some Mac things on Friday lunch time, which meant I didn't have time to go to Boots and get a few must have things - deodorant, make up wipes etc. On Bank Holiday Monday me and Lauren went to Birstall Retail Park (I don't know if it's called something else?!) and looked round some of the shops up there. We went to Ikea and I got some new make up storage so I'll do a post on that later in the week, now it's all sorted. :)

We went into Boots and this is what I picked up...


I wanted to get some new shampoo and conditioner and James Brown was on offer - two products for £8. I am really impressed with the Intensive Hair thing that was free with a magazine recently so I picked some of his products up. I have baby fine hair and it can be pretty annoying, and it's also the reason I wear my hair up so much lately. After a day of not washing it I can bung loads of dry shampoo in it to bulk it out and do a messy up do, which I really like. So I got the Thickening Shampoo and Thickening Conditioner. I've only used it twice so far, and I didn't close the lid on the conditioner right so it leaked all over my new storage system lol! :( I will do a better review when I have used them more.

A friend had been given the Soap & Glory Sexy Motherpucker Lip Glosses earlier this year and I kept meaning to pick them up. I was looking at the S&G range on Monday and decided to get these - you can buy them singly for £8 each or £17.50 for three, so I picked three up. I love these so much and I think they last for ages. They tingle when you apply them and I love it!! Also from the S&G range I picked up the Super Eyes Super Eyes. This is a moisturising eye gel - from the Boots website, Possibly the world’s most effective instant firming eye moisture gel Soap & Glory Supereyes, Supereyes Moisturising Eye Gel reduces visible wrinkles almost immediately and fights fine lines long-term too. I forgot to apply this morning but I patted some on last night and couldn't really tell a difference...it's £7.47 for 15ml.

Barry M had an offer on of a free Limited Edition Dazzle Dust when you spend over £6. So I bought three nail varnishes - 273, Raspberry, 150, Red Glitter and 161, Vivid Purple. I am wearing the Vivid Purple at the moment..


and I tried to take some pictures of the other colours but they were a bit rubbish :/

I also got a Dazzle Dust in 84 which is a reddy kind of colour. The free one is a gorgeous lilacy colour. I used it today along with the darker purple in the MAC Eccentricity and thought that the Barry M and the lighter purple shade in the MAC quad looked pretty alike. I swatched them against each other to show you the difference; the Barry M is a more stronger colour, I like it :)

The last thing I got was a liquid eyeliner. I was after a felt tip style liner and looked on all the make up stands. I think I found one on Barry M but they had none left, also another make but I'm not sure who it was. I had given up and lovely Lauren found the Bourjois Paris Liner Feutre which I am so pleased about! I had a bit of a play around with it last night but I haven't worn it out of the house yet; I need to practice, I'm RUBBISH at applying liner.

I did a purpley kinda look today using some of my new stuff, I cannot seem to take decent photos of my make up so FOTD's will not be featuring on this blog for a while, here is a quick pic I took anyway:



I did a bit of shopping today as I had the day off work (I love working for a firm which gives you both days of a Bank Holiday off!) and got sucked into HMV - literally, some weird force sucked me in when I was walking past! How strange! Not content with making me go in there it kept pushing DVDs into my arms and then gave the cashier some money! How annoying! This is what I was (forced) to buy:Bullet Boy - ~ Not seen this but my friend loves it. I'm cool to just perv over Ashley Walters ♥ if it is not good.
Twilight ~ I know! I'm a Twilight fanatic and I don't own the DVD! Gasp, shock horror. I do now though!
Soul Food ~ This was in a teeny tiny section called 'Black Film Heroes' or something crap. I wanted it to be bigger - I got obsessed on Amazon a while ago. You know if you go to a film you want/like it brings up like 17 pages of similar things? Do you know how many films like this got added to my wishlist?
Bedtime Stories ~ I really wanted to see this when it came out!
Lakeview Terrace ~ As above
The Butterfly Effect 2 ~ Very weirdly, I was talking about The Butterfly Effect last week at work and when I googled to find a trailer I found there are now two more. Then when I walked - sorry, got dragged in, to HMV today number 1 and 2 were on the first stand in the doorway? How weird is that? So I got it. It might be rubbish?
Monster ~ I wanted to see this when it came out years ago but never got round to it.

Back to work tomorrow...booooooo :(

xxx

22 comments:

  1. I have had the Sexy Mother Pucker glosses for a while now and I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are good aren't they! They leave my lips a bit sticky but really moisturised kind of - like i usually have v dry lips and flaky but these are fab.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. i find thosse glosses really painful!! haha x

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh em gee, i LOVE nail polish! great colors!

    and great blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH I'm so jealous what a fab day!! I want some of that lip gloss. and I need to find some fun new nail polish. I wish I were in London or anywhere in England right this minute!!
    bunny

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooo did you get the same makeup storage as me from Ikea? :) Your eyes look lovely hun, purple really suits you! Nice haulage, I'm obsessed with my nails atm, can't stop buying polishes lol!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't you just love payday?
    This usually means lots of new books for me! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I noticed that you're currently reading alphabet weekends. I loved that book! Let me know what you think of it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow great haul! I love Barry M. everything!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh, make-up galore! I'm not a huge make-up girl, but I love nailpolish. I love the colour you have on - what a coincidence, I have purple nailpolish on too!

    Thanks so much for stopping by!
    girlwiththebowtie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great haul! I loove pay day too.. I just need a job first lol The nail colours are lovely! xx Following you :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those nail polish covers are really good. And the lip glosses sound awesome--it makes me wanna run out and buy out Sephora whenever I read about it. Love feeding my make up addiction vicariously through other blogs! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice haul - it's making me want to go shopping though!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great haul honey! I like the Barry M Dazzle dusts and sometimes team them with my Mac pigments which i love !! Birstall retail park is 15 minutes away from where i live ~ Where are you from?x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I so nearly went to Ikea Monday too! Would have been weird if i saw you. Decided not to because couldn't be arsed to drive all that way lol
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great haul! Those lipglosses sound really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love soap and glory stuff. I smell of their righteous butter on a permanent basis... and the motherpuckers are brilliant. I have looked at their face care stuff and wondered if it is any good...

    Congrats on your twilight purchase too - can't believe you didn't own it yet? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. hey, im crap at applying liquid eyeliner too until i bought MAC glyde liner (it's lik a gel)arnd £13 i think? MAC also sell a brush that you have to apply this with however with it being £16 i nipped along to boots & bought a ruby & millie on for a quater of the price. Just thought id mention it seeing as you have bene giving MAC a try! xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. I need to try the Sexy Motherpucker stuff..Love lip stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. OHHH i've not been to Birstall in ages. I love sexymotherpuckers x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Nice haul. I use the S & G eye cream every day and I love it!
    There is Butterfly Effect 2? I'd love to know if its any good I loved the first! I've not been on a dvd spree for ages!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Those are some nice buys - makes me want to go shopping.

    ReplyDelete