Tuesday, 15 September 2009

Forever Strong




Two of the items in the Maybelline goodie bag we received last week were nail enamels, one from each range Maybelline stock. Forever Strong Professional in Midnight Blue, and Express Finish Shock Control in Cherry. I took these photos pretty late so they're a bit rubbish, which is why I've included the swatches from the website.

Express Finish Shock Control



The great thing that I loved about this polish was the fact that it does dry in less than a minute. In the bottle it looks a very strong red but on it is more like its name, cherry-ish. I think it's a pretty good Autumn colour, I like deeper reds for Winter! The product states that that it is chip resistant but I have found the tips of my nails are very chipped already, with it being such a bright colour it is really noticable. And it's not like I have done much since I applied it, thumbed through some mags, tidied a drawer and watched DVDs (what can I say, I like lazy weekends) so I don't know what it would be like after a week of work (I'm a secretary, so constantly on the computer). I do however love the colour and the fact it does dry so fast so I would buy this in more colours. To see the full range of swatches click here. 6/10


Forever Strong Professional




I haven't actually tried this one, the hands above are courtesy of my Mum. The colour is gorgeous and I think it will be fab for toes. My Mum has the same complaint as me re chipping of colour so I don't think Maybelline polishes are great for long term, unless you want to keep reapplying the colour. I have quite a few dark blue polishes and I think this might be my new favourite, it's kind of a denimy blue? Full range of colours here. The 'Extreme Blackcurrent' colour looks like it might need to be in my collection... 5/10



xoxo

12 comments:

  1. I LOVE the cherry colour. Did tyou take the pics with an actual polaroid or use some sort of photo magic to get them to look like that? They look great x

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL @ photo magic!! Its a site called Rollip I think, you can upload pics to look like polaroids? It's great! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. i agree. but the color look tempting to try tho, esp the midnight blue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the blue one is cool, though I wouldn't use it on my own nails... can you imagine a dentist with blue nails?! haha!

    *loves*

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the midnight blue. Just need to get me some nails to paint it on!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the blue, its just a shame about the chipping. Would be good for a night out though x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heya, its such a pain when nailpolish chips, my pet hate. Off it comes straight away! Thanks so much for your comment, when I got a bit upset today I just thought, nahhhh even someone who reads my BLOG cares that I am alright, he's just an idiot! I can't figure out what I am doing that makes men not want to be serious with me! Oww It's getting a bit repetitive! Thankyou!
    Melissa,
    xx.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The midnight blue one is just beautiful.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Cherry Color looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am always looking for nail polish that drys quickly. Great review!!


    Hugs,

    Bug
    http://inbugsdrawers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah, I love blue colours like that and I love things that dry quick. It feels like I'll never find a nail polish that's chip-resistant, so I might have to go with this. Thanks so much for reviewing this! *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete