Monday, 21 September 2009

Fablera

I got the word fablera on a word verification at the weekend when leaving a comment on someones blog and I thought it was brilliant! It's like fabulous...but a cooler version of it ;)

So I thought I'd do a quick post of all the things that are pretty 'fablera' at this moment in time...

Messy Updos


I have been SO lazy recently when it comes to my hair. I have hardly even brushed it. I have to wash it every day but my routine pretty much goes something like this: Wash hair Sunday night. Towel dry. Sleep. Wake up, tie up into messy big ponytail/bun and make all bouffy. Fast forward to the end of the Monday night, and it just repeats itself all week. Brushing it would make it frizzy and I don't want that but this means when I do get around to brushing it it is a humongous matter MESS. I actually washed and dried my hair for the first time in about two weeks today and I swear half my hair was on the floor after. Does anyone else have the problem with absolutely loads of hair coming out when they brush it? Why does it do this?

Soap & Glory Sexy Mother Pucker Lip Plumping Glosses



I know I've already mentioned these in previous posts but I really, really, truly love them. I have really dry lips and I swear, since using these my lips are in the best condition of their lives. Well, apart from perhaps before I started putting rubbish on them all the time, but you know what I mean. So smooth and nice! One of my main problems when using lipsticks, especially ones like Darling (Gosh) is that when I apply them they just look ridiculous and flaky, even if I have put something on under them, and I am going to try out this week if using them now I have super smooth smackeroonies it makes a difference.

Slimming World/Losing Weight

image taken from here

I joined Slimming World two weeks ago and lost 4 1/2 pounds in my first week and three in my second. I'm really pleased and am enjoying watching what I eat, because I have been going off the rails pre diet! I have a long way to go and I'm not saying that I'm not going to have a bad week because I know that I will (I'm covering my back, I have this feeling I'm going to be saying to you all on Thursday ooppsssss....) but I guess anything is better than eating rubbish constantly isn't it. :)

Red Bull



It's official. I'm a Red Bull addict. I'm a Pepsi addict and I have been for a long time, but out of nowhere, Red Bull has jumped up and is whooping Pepsi's ass. I don't know who to stay loyal to. I love them both!

Foundation



I am so pale at the moment and my skin is terrible. Without make up, it is blotchy, red, dry, awful. This pains me muchly - I never have bad skin. I've always had good skin, the odd spot but nothing major. I guess my fair share has come all at once, a late 23rd birthday present. Thanks! So at the moment I can't bear the thought of not wearing make up, especially foundation. I seriously had to avoid mirrors today I feel so strongly about this. I look awful and I was going to just put a little bit on but I refrained, I thought staying out of the mean mirrors way was better than suffocating my skin when it didn't need to be. I actually wondered whether it was the MAC making this happen - I've never used MAC before and it is pretty heavy, I usually just wear a light liquid foundation and maybe a bit of powder and it is since the change. I need to give it a break. I'll still leave it up here though.

Hope your Monday's have been fablera! xoxo

32 comments:

  1. I have hair falling out issues... my boy says I'm molting because he's always finding the odd strand (or 5!) of my hair. Having said that, I heard it's totally normal to lose hair... apparently something like 50-100 per day! But they grow back... so it probably looks like worse than it is :)

    Oh and I love my SexyMotherPucker gloss! Such a pretty colour, and that tingle! Was a bit strange at first, but I got used to it and now I love it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love messy updos!! Hope you had a great weekend! Happy Monday to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The messy updo is my specialty.

    It's usually by accident... but who's counting...

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm doing that 'do as well, but I add in a cute headband to accentuate the 'do. =) By the way, we also have Red Bull here in the Philippines. And the packaging is different. It's in red. I wonder if the Red Bull there and the Red Bull here tastes the same.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hee hee yeah i love making up my own words!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the new word. I lose so much hair its unreal, its so bloody annoying. Well done you for joining slimming world, my friend has lost three stone on it in 5 months x

    ReplyDelete
  7. You naturally lose hair everyday, it might not be anything to worry about. I get really lazy with my hair too at times.

    http://inbugsdrawers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my hair always falls out - i have really fine hair so it snaps easier than most, we have to have a special hoover becuase of it :)

    Love messy up do's! i have really soft hair so it always falls out of clips and bands.

    Missy
    For all things fashion:
    http://thefashionfusion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fablera, what a fun word!

    My hair constantly falls out. It didn't so much when it was short, but now that it's long it falls out at alarming rates.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hehehehe... fabulous word. And I wish my hair was long enough for a messy updo! Those are the cutest!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I MUST recreate that second updo. SO gorg!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know how you feel about the hair coming out, mine comes out a lost faster than it grows. My hair is also washed everyday cos it gets so greasy easily! But I wash I cant wash it at night because i'll wake up and have some bad crazy hair for the rest of the morning!!!

    Congrats on the weight loss, im trying out running on my own first and hope something comes of it, plan b is gym.

    And thank for you the book and blog suggestions! I'll deffo have a look at those :)

    If you can go NYC on your own, deffo go!! I so would if I could!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are all definitely fablera!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I so wish I could get my hair to look like that!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So much fun, I adore creating my own words or giving existing ones new spins. Great selection of items and photos, the messy bun shots are so charmingly beautiful!

    Wishing you a gorgeous autumn, honey!
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  16. super blog, visited u, do u like sweetychocos please vist this sweetychocos and taste until u like, if u like more pls add this as SWEETYCHOCOS in ur blog and dont forgot to leave your comments after tasting this sweetychocos
    http://sweetychocoswithecstasy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Messy updos rule, FACT. I live most of my life with a messy updo.

    Sending you lots of love xxx

    P.S I need to try tese Sexy Mother Puckers seeing as you rate them so highly!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the hair - looks great I just can't seem to create them myself!

    By the way if you are having skin troubles have you tried taking vitamins? If you are dieting you might be short on something which could be causing it.

    Take care!

    Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  19. hello fabulous lady! i have given you a little award on my blog...so come by and check it out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. hey you fab lady :) congrats on the success of your dieting! that's so great to hear, you are a stronger woman than i am! and i know exactly what you mean about hair issues... if i wear mine curly and in a messy bun for a day or two, it feels like all my hair falls out when i wash it or dry it! i never understood how i don't become bald after that! well love, i hope you have a fablera week :) xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  21. oh girl...its all about the red bull in this house!!! that's my guilty pleasure...mmmmm!!! and i LOVE messy updos....love love love!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fablera post!

    I am rubbish at doing messy updos, my hair just won't do as it's told.

    How I dream of the perfect messy updo... any tips?

    ReplyDelete
  23. My messy updos just look..messy..and not classy at all.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Whenever I actually brush (especially blow dry and straighten) my hair, it also falls out in hordes. Luckily I have crazy thick hair, so I'm actually happy to see it thin out a bit! I'm not ever worried about going bald!

    And I LOVE fablera! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fablera...I will have to try to use that. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love messy updos! I need to try that Soap & Glory plumping gloss soon.

    ReplyDelete
  27. oh great, i need to watch what im eating too. its more difficult than how it sounds like.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I notice Mac's pretty heavy on the foundation, too. Normally I just use powder--bare escuntels in particular, the bare minerals one, is really awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  29. loads of my hair comes out everytime I wash it - its normal don't worry

    I'm totally addicted to Pepsi too...

    ReplyDelete
  30. Where do I find that lipgloss? I have been on the hunt for one that doesn't dry my lips out! Ad the messy updos are super cute. I can never get it to look right on me. :(

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi :) So sorry it's taken so long to reply to your comments on my blog, I've been really busy moving to university in Manchester! But thank you so much for your comments, I hope you pop by again soon :)
    Congratulations on loosing weight! And I wish I had hair long enough to put in a bun :(
    www.dazedyoungmess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete