Sunday, 16 August 2009

Garnier Pure Active


I mentioned a few weeks ago that I had been sent the above Pure Active range from Garnier. So many people have been sent these products and I don't want to just do another review like everyone else so I'm just going to mention my two favourite products.

Garnier Pure Active is a new generation of concentrated formulae tested on spot-prone skin. Designed to protect against the appearance of spots and marks and leave skin looking and feeling purified from day 1!

Garnier Pure Active Moisturiser


From the No.1 medicated moisturiser brand
It's a NEW and effective moisturiser that helps fights spots before they appear. Moreover, it improves the skin's appearance by hydrating it and visibly reducing shine. Enriched with Salicylic Acid, it helps to purify and mattify skin to protect against spots even before they appear.

I really like this moisturiser. When I first received this package I used the Deep Pore Wash, the Purifying Toner and this Moisturiser and one of them broke my skin out. I'm not prone to spots at all and, touch wood, I have pretty good skin. I only ever get the odd spot and I don't have greasy skin or anything so I'm pretty lucky. After using these when I woke up I had the BIGGEST spot collection ever on my face! There were about three or four huge spots right on my cheek and I was fuming! I had to use the spot roll on (see below) and I decided to give it a miss for a while. I have since used the Deep Pore Wash a few times and no breakout has occurred, and I use the moisturiser daily so I wonder if it was the Purifying Toner. I love the smell of this moisturiser, it smells so fresh and clean! I would definitely re buy this again. I think it is around £4.49.

Garnier Pure Spot Roll On


76% of people tested say it had an instant drying effect
The new roll-on revolutionary roller-ball is designed to immediately soothe and cool skin. The easy-to-use targeted application provides instant drying action and helps protect against spots on the go.

I'm going to be controversial here because I am yet to see a review of the Garnier products that is sticking up for this one. The majority of people say it is a bit unhygenic, being a roll on ball etc, the general gist being that when you roll the ball over your spot the next time you use it the germs from the first spot etc will be rolled over the new area. I do understand all of this but a part of me thinks that if it was really that bad for us Garnier wouldn't have produced it... I think I'm on my own in this part. The top of the ball does pop off and thus can be cleaned after each time you use it which is a bit of faffing around and if I am going to be entirely honest I haven't done that yet. My diet has been appalling recently and I have been putting weight on and my skin hasn't been as good as usual and I have had spots appear. I have used this ball over them and each time, come the next day the spot has been gone. I haven't noticed any repercussions of then using the roll on again, just the same results. I am really pleased with this product!! I think this retails for around £5.59.

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for all the info on these products. I was curious about these brands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this i have been on the look out for a new skin care routine and wanted to check these products out x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never used Garnier...any of their products. Thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all the great info. I was wondering about the roller ball product, I'm not sure but I think I saw it advertised on TV
    bunny

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh thanks for the reviews, i'm tempted by the ball spot thingy but i've read such mixed reviews. Thanks for being so fab btw x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the great info... I wonder if they have that line here in the states.

    ReplyDelete
  7. as usual, you make make-up/products so interesting. usually i am not a fan but your blog keeps it simple. love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have you tried Garnier's eye cream? I'm curious about how that works! Fab post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds good! I haven't really tried their face products before just the shampoo so maybe I will give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  10. yum love the cupcakes!So cute! I love your blog! Please check out my fashion and lifestyle blog at www.andeelayne.blogspot.com! xo I will follow yours!

    ReplyDelete