Sunday, 30 August 2009

Bank Holiday Antics

Hi!

Are you all having good Bank Holiday weekends so far? I am off work until Wednesday - cue a very happy me!

My bank holiday weekend got off to a good start as it was payday which I have been desperate for! London cleared my bank account out in the first week of the month and I have had no funds until this Friday so I did what any normal girl would do - I went shopping :)

I only had my lunch hour so I headed up to Harvey Nichols and the Mac counter. I did use up all my foundations so I decided I deserved a new one, as well as a new brush and an eyeshadow from my wishlist.




The swatches are a bit rubbish I know, but I picked up the 217 brush and the Smoke & Diamonds shadow, as well as the Studio Tech foundation - OMG, I absolutely LOVE this! So I am very pleased with my Mac purchases, if you watched my first video you will know I mentioned I wasn't happy with my first few Mac things but I am pleased to say I am with these! Speaking of You Tube Jennifer Rosellen who is so cute tagged me in a video thing about my make up bag. If you haven't already you must watch her version of this, she gets interupted by a wasp and I was laughing so much when I watched it. It seemed to backfire though as about an hour later a MASSIVE wasp came into the office and I was working alone - I was so scared of it! It stayedf there buzzing angrily until I asked my boss to get rid of it - ew they make me feel sick. OMG as well last night my Dad found a MEGA MASSIVE spider in the kitchen sink! He put it in the spider catcher and I went down to look at it but I didn't realise he had put it in the catcher thingy and was almost touching it trying to look into the sink! I screamed when I realised how close I was to it - I could have knocked the catcher over and it would have run over me arghhh I am curling my toes now I hate spiders. But back to what I was saying, I have uploaded a second video of the tag from Jennifer and it is HERE :) I have 43 subscribers already and am so chuffed! Thank you all :)

The other bits I bought in my lunch were just some bits from Sainsburys when I was getting lunch:-

This book was only £2 so I thought I would pick it up. It sounds a bit like PS I Love You in a way - the main characters Dad dies and leaves her a journal to read a new entry on each birthday. I will let you know what I thought about it when I read it!

Does anybody else love this film as much as I do? Everyone I ask says they just thought it was OK but I loved it! Maybe it is because I think Katherine Heigl is totally beautiful and Seth Rogen is so funny - I really fancy him!! This was only £2.99, was so pleased to pick it up!

I haven't actually seen this and to be honest I hate the first two people in the above picture- but my love for Michael Cera made me need it in my collection! He is so cute, I want to go out with him! Aww look at him here:

and last but not least, and this deserves the picture making large:

I never used to fancy Zac Effron until I saw this film. He is so fit I was speechless after I watched it because he is so damn gorgeous! I watched this yesterday and was exactly the same after watching it. I think it is a really good film too, aww I want to watch it again now :)

So on Friday night me and my friend Lauren went out, just to one bar in Leeds and stayed there all night. I *think* it was a good night up until the last bottle because I have a total memory block and can't remember anything.

So this is my bathroom on a good day....And in this picture the red indicates just where I managed to be sick when I got home. In other words, EVERYWHERE! Oops......sorry Mum!

So I spent my Saturday in bed recovering from that hangover! Sorry Lauren :( xxxxxxxx

We are going to see GI Joe tonight...Channing Tatum :D

xxxx

21 comments:

  1. hahahahaha i cant believe you were sick hahahahaha x

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOl you're a joka!

    OMG thats pider sounds terrifying! I hate spiders and anything else that crawls.

    What's the 217 brush like?
    I liked Studio Tech when I used it a few years ago. I think I'll repurchase it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhhhh!
    i love knocked up
    probably one of my fav's!!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Cat ~ It wasn't funny when it was all over me! I was having a wee with no clothes on and just threw up everywhere! xxx

    @ Vex ~ I do - there seems to be an influx of spiders everywhere at the mo! Defo repurchase Studio Tech, I love the way it makes my face look LOL! I'm really impressed with the 217, its so soft and brilliant for blending. Like it better than the other brushes I own anyway! xx

    @ AbbieandBrian - Yay! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice MAC goodies!! Haha, i think we've all been there sick in the bathroom after a drunken night out, i've lost count the number of times i've had my head down the loo haha x

    ReplyDelete
  6. need to try the Studio Tech Foundation! So many good reviews!! Great Haul! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha ha - at least you had a good night! I don't normally go out and get drunk so much now, but I did a few weeks ago with a friend. We went straight out after work and when I got home (at the super late hour of 9pm!) I vomited everywhere and fell asleep on the bathroom floor! Needless to say my boyfriend (who hadn't been out and was very sober) was not impressed!

    And I know the feeling about wasps and spiders - I am terrified of them. Wasps more than spiders. Though I did have a massive spider run across my face one night in bed. I slept on the sofa for nights after that one!

    Enjoy the rest of your bank holiday!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Couldn't agree more about 17 again! It's surprisingly good and Zac is very hot in the film x

    ReplyDelete
  9. That was one serious vomitting session. Love your blog btw & I'm following you on Twitter.xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. i tagged you :)
    http://mylincolnshirelifestyle.blogspot.com/2009/08/this-or-that.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Smoke and Diamonds too, mainly because it is so gorgeous in the pan. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oaf love it! shame on the being sick part but the pics/story is great hee hee. I loved Leeds! cant wait to get back. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. MMMMMM Zac. I loved him first in Hairspray lol is that wrong?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh no!! i hate getting sick! that's no fun! but it sounds like you had a blast shopping and hitting up the town! i hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really want to see 17 again. I had the vomiting session today, i came home felt fine about 10am this morning, then i went for a wee and suddently threw up everywhere. I'm so glad i was home by this point!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. yes i love Superbad so much! i think it is one of my all time favorites. Ps: i plan on working on the getting to know you survey thingy soon...as soon as i am done with moving :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aww I forgive you honey you little drunkard! You do love your wine! ha ha ha.

    Please can you do some kind of blog on my future hunsband Channing (sigh).

    Ta. L xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I wish we had a Bank Holiday over here! I love those eyeshadow shades! Love Knocked Up!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I loved 17 Again! Great movie!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hahahaha...nice bathroom "trouble spots" picture...hehehehe...hey, I'm a first time reader of your blog...very lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Knocked Up gets me every time! I saw it for the first time preggers. Needless to say, it freaked me out!

    ReplyDelete