Sunday, 28 June 2009

my essentials: part II

I got caught up and forgot to finish this post, so here comes the end of it :]

Eyes


For the past couple of years I have ranked Benefits Bad Gal Mascara my favourite and most used/bought mascara. I know a lot of people struggle to get on with the brush being so big but I have always loved it and loved the look when it was on. One month I didn't have a spare £14.50 so bought a Rimmel one to last me until I could afford the Bad Gal and I absolutley love it - it has actually knocked Benefits from the top spot for the first time in what must be at least four years.

With Rimmel Magnif'eyes, according to Boots.com, what you get is ultimate lash extension and pure wide-eyed wow factor all the way and I couldn't agree more. 'Wide eyed wow factor' is exactly what it is and I love it! I have this week bought Maxfactors falsh lash effect mascara but I think I might keep that for after work/weekends and wear the Magnif'eyes through the day.

For me there is simply no better eyeline that Rimmels soft kohl liner. It is the best liner I have ever used. I have others but no where near as easy to wear than this. I don't really get on with liquid liners, its something I need to keep practising with but this kohl pencil has been in my make up essentials since as long as I can remember.

This (up until the Sleek palette) has been my most used/re-bought eyeshadow as the colours are so simple and easy and go with pretty much everything. Its the 'Effet Lumiere Trio D Ombres A Paupiers Les Roses' by Bourjois. Bourjois is a make that really reminds me of growing up. We were all so obsessed with it between the ages of 13 - 16 yet it was so expensive to buy! These days I rarely bother - I do like the glosses though, they taste and smell lovely lol.

Face




Again here is the moisturiser I mentioned in the previous post. A fairly new matt foundation that I picked up in a spree, yet I find it much better than any of the expensive ones I have spent my money on in the past. It's by Miss Sporty and is shade number 2. I've run out of this already, need to buy some more pronto. A girl I know much prefers her Collection 2000 foundation to any Chanel or Lancome one she has ever bought; sometimes the cheaper the better I guess, a name means nothing. The product on the back is one that has lasted me a good few years. It's a Virgin Vie Masquerade Shimmer Powder that I originally bought just for the sake of it, and figured I'd pass it over to my mum. I kinda realised how much I liked it and stole it back :) It's a 'sparkling rose shimmer powder for golden glittering skin'. I love to wear it either brushed lightly on my cheekbones/body or piled on my eyelids on a night out. I honestly can't believe how long it's lasted - a little goes a hell of a way. I think it was about £15.

I've got a bit of a blusher obsession at the moment and since taking this pics I have a new firm favourite (I know it's only been a week but I love it!) in the form of The Body Shop one I posted recently. But, before that my two faves depending on what look I was aiming for that day were:

Maybelline Dream Mousse Blush in 01, Dolly Pink. I bought this when I bought the Dream Mousse Foundation but I hated that. It dried my skin out and looked terrible so I just shoved this to the back of the stash and binned the foundation and it wasn't until I saw a post on Magpie Sparkles blog one day about putting 'accidentially too much' blush on that I remembered this and thought it would be a really nice pale-ish blush that could be quite easily blended and I realised I loved it :] A darker powdered blush I use pretty frequently is L'oreal Blush Delicieux in 04, Rosewood. I love everything about this, the smell, the colour, the little casing and the brush. I used to use this a while ago and I always seem to go back to it.

I'm scheduling this post for the first time so fingers crossed it works... I'll be doing a lil post on the bads of my make up as well later in the week. :)

13 comments:

  1. I love Maybelline Doll-pink cream blush too - and I agree Rimmel, does THE best eyeliner!
    I've used chanel, lancome, MAC, dior, you name it and none have been as good as the rimmel one. Ditto their concealer - also v v good.

    Bad Gal lash is free with this months' Glamour! Its a generous sample size, not bad for 32!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the make-up tips! I actually need to pick up a new blush 'cause mine is only tiny crumbs now, so I'll have to check out that "doll-pink" color! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. great makeup!! :)

    Hope you had a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the benefit mascara!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to try the Maybelline Dream Mousse Blush in Dolly Pink. It looks like a nice, soft pink shade. The Bourjois eyeshadow looks great too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I go back and forth between Bad Gal and Definicils. I'm going to try the Rimmel one now. Thanks for all your tips!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your tips! I'll have to try the Rimmel eye liner. I'm currently breaking the budget with MAC love it but Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Chicklit Addict ~ I noticed when I did this post that a lot of my faves are Rimmel. I'm on the Bad Gal lol, I already got one magazine and I didn't know whether to get a few more to stock up on?! x

    @ Christen ~ OMG defo go to TBS! I have managed to get three people I know now to get this and they also love it! Let me know if u do! x

    @ Iva ~ Thank you sweetie, hope you did too! x

    @ Tracy-Girl ~ I really want the plum and blue colours of Bad Gal! x

    @ Jules ~ It really is 'dolly' actually, it's the perfect colour. x

    @ Neisha ~ Definicills, I might try that? The Rimmel one is good - I didn't expect it to be, only got it as a stand in till pay day. x

    @ Elizabeth Marie ~ Yay, another fan :) x

    @ Modern Mom ~ Ooh defo try it, I know I just cannot afford Mac - I have never had a Mac product you know! x

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love make-up reviews! And Rimmel does have great products, minus their lip gloss. Or maybe it's changed? But it's great for anyone on a budget!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ A Hmmm I personally find their lip glosses CRAP! Too sloppy, they do smell nice though! Yes its defo great for a budget! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. i am such a mac addict....it feels real good on my skin!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm gonna totally have to try some Mac soon... xx

    ReplyDelete